Really BIG spikes

samtron

Established member
I have only been watching the forex for a short while and have already witnessed some major price spikes (scary stuff :eek: ).

I would be interested to know from experienced forex watchers about the largest spike they have seen on the EUR/USD and USD/CHF.

Another interesting statistic would be the biggest price move (one way +or-) you have witnessed on the pairs mentioned in say one hr.

there was a time not so long ago when it GAPPED 250 points intraday...

as for spike moves..

i think there was a huge one- 2,000 pips- back in 1992 on GBP//USD with the ERM fiasco, if i recall correctly.

Last August, Euro spiked 140 ticks in 2 seconds. 200+ by the end of the day.

The pound is a lot more volatile than the Euro, and that's what I trade. Risk management is very important.

9/11/2001 Euro 1hr chart....

Attachments

• 0069.JPG
    0069.JPG
    354.8 KB · Views: 531
GammaJammer said:
yes that's the one I was talking about.

All those retail 'traders' with stop/entry orders 20 pips either side of the price, getting filled 150 - 200 points out of court, made me chuckle.

and those are the same gamblers that complain about their fx dealer screwing them over with slippage... :p

What's interesting about that chart on 9/11 is that I would have a buy signal before that terrorist attack. I dont' believe TA is the reason why prices move the way they do, but it's interesting how TA setups precedes news releases sometimes.