Re – 2 traders required to complete team of 4

Ok so what about the regulatory requirements re FX in the context of ECNs and order matching. Where does that fit in to what you posited?

Ok so what about the regulatory requirements re FX in the context of ECNs and order matching. Where does that fit in to what you posited?

you kin retard. I offered an explanation as to why retail traders get slipped, something which most people here would have never ever have known. regulatory matters are a subject in themselves and I certainly know very little about them.

you are just a trolling little kid on the internet and obv very bitter about the cards that life has dealt you, the above regulatory tangent you have thrown in is comical.

I know a sure fired loser when I see one. You should give up now. For sure if someone gave you a 100% foolproof written plan on how to succeed you would just go off at tangents, argue yourself into a corner and you would still fail. Experience traders will know what I am talking about.

good day.

G Trolling T Y

Another example of classic FullofSh1tDigestive lulz. You say that you know very little about the regulatory side of FX so then how do you know it's unrelated and off on a tangent?
One of the very reasons you have no idea what you're talking about is because you have no understanding of the regulatory framework and infrastructure behind the quoting mechanism. You're just regurgitating premature ideas and preconceived notions. You're completely ignorant as to each of the aforementioned aspects contributes to the whole and rather than asking questions or discussing what actually happens you just lecture and spout rubbish as though it's all fact. Are you unable to hold a discussion? Why not have a look at some other threads on here where each party benefits from something the other says? This is the largest and certainly one of the most technically complex industries in the world yet you swan about and act as though you have all of the answers and for that reason you're possibly the most egocentric and arrogant currently active member yet you call me a troll for laughing at your "facts" and call Martinghoul a walking textbook and a failed trader. Maybe that's because "academic types" are usually failed traders eh?

Anyway I though you only traded futures? Or was that 40k BAC? Moved on to spot in the last week or so have we? Is that why you're such an expert on spot FX now? Pity you don't like academics. You'd prolly be able to knock out a few PhDs in a couple of years at your level of ability to assimilate information.

well it only took an hour or so son, pretty much a waste of my time though as it only confirmed what I already knew that the 'zero sum game' postulation is fine.

as a profitable trader I need masses of moronic, retarded traders to donate their money to me after all it is a 'zero sum game'.

You should take up trading, I am thirsty for your account. lol.

GTTY (good trolling to you)

Trading is not and never will be a zero sum game.

There would be no exchanges if it were.

you have no understanding of the regulatory framework and infrastructure behind the quoting mechanism. You're just regurgitating premature ideas and preconceived notions.

really son. I own and run an FSA regulated business. you are nothing.

Are you unable to hold a discussion?

perfectly capable but not willing to have a discussion with someone who has nothing to offer me there is no upside. unlike you I don't fulfill my social needs on the internet. most are dumb flow or in your case no flow at all.

Pete mentioned slippage on retail on FX I provided the explanation. end of.

Anyway I though you only traded futures? Or was that 40k BAC?

nothing wrong with trading multiple instruments, you go where you have an edge.

Pity you don't like academics.

well I am a former academic. I have a masters in theoretical physics so I hardly hate academics. I have no need for a PHD.

G Trollin T Y

Trading is not and never will be a zero sum game.

There would be no exchanges if it were.

this is from the guy who posted yesterday, why do I always lose when i enter a trade by mistake. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

that post was very revealing Toast. you don't understand why you lose when you enter a trade by mistake. warning may require thought. sometimes the answer is sitting in front of you all along.

I suppose there's a reasonably interesting debate to be had about the zero sum thing. Personally, I don't think it's quite as straightforward as the opposing camps like to say, and I think it also depends upon how you define it and from what point of view you approach the market. I think there might also be a valid distinction to be drawn between theoretical and practical, and I can see the reasoning on both sides.

Then of course there's the question of if it is (or is not) zero sum, what implication does it have, and does it matter?

It's probably best done in a thread of its own though.

this is from the guy who posted yesterday, why do I always lose when i enter a trade by mistake. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

that post was very revealing Toast. you don't understand why you lose when you enter a trade by mistake. warning may require thought. sometimes the answer is sitting in front of you all along.

It certainly was revealing, always assuming it's true. I was amazed to learn that he enters trades at all, either by mistake or on purpose. :LOL:

GVTY Toastie :LOL:

really son. I own and run an FSA regulated business. you are nothing.

No you don't and besides gaining FSA approval is completely unrelated to what I was talking about, mate. BTW I could be FSA registered myself for certain activities if I wanted... is mine bigger?

Perfectly capable but not willing to have a discussion with someone who has nothing to offer me there is no upside.

Lulz

unlike you I don't fulfill my social needs on the internet.

Of course not. Why would you ever participate in a discussion board?

most are dumb flow or in your case no flow at all.

Buzz-word of the week is it?

Pete mentioned slippage on retail on FX I provided the explanation. end of.

You provided something, not Teh Explanation

nothing wrong with trading multiple instruments, you go where you have an edge.

Of course you do. You're hot ****.

well I am a former academic. I have a masters in theoretical physics so I hardly hate academics. I have no need for a PHD.

No you don't

G Trollin T Y

(y)

I find it hilarious that you have so little confidence/substance in your ideas that you just continually have to jump into personal attacks. Why not stick to arguing your point if you're able?

I suppose there's a reasonably interesting debate to be had about the zero sum thing. Personally, I don't think it's quite as straightforward as the opposing camps like to say, and I think it also depends upon how you define it and from what point of view you approach the market. I think there might also be a valid distinction to be drawn between theoretical and practical, and I can see the reasoning on both sides.

Then of course there's the question of if it is (or is not) zero sum, what implication does it have, and does it matter?

All depends on money flow - it's not a zero sum game until the music finally stops.

Exchanges cost a lot of money to run
So does marketing
And accounts departments
And sales bonuses

You could go on to build a huge list of the costs of putting 2 people together in order to execute a trade.

This trade facilitation costs on a per transaction basis are fairly insignificant. Across the industry, it's billions of dollars.

Hence - it's always a minus sum game because of these costs...

I thought you were no longer going to post about trading?

What is it - pairs trading, spot forex, scalping BAC.

Seriously - the only thing that has been revealed of late is your inability to keep your story straight.

BTW - trading will never be a zero sum game, unless of course a number of huge companies turn into charities.

you are a wise man Leopardo. Of course the bigger picture is that many lessons can be learned from thinking about trading as zero sum, if you know how other players profit or will act in certain situations you can use that information to your advantage.

so it is the implications of the zero sum game that are important not the actually pounds pence of it. this is why I used the analogy of a tennis player arguing over the way his shoes are tied when he is serving for a slam, some people just cant see the wood for the trees. some people prefer to spend time arguing over how to tie the laces when you could be debating how to serve a kin ace down the centre line.

some people will never get it, that's fine, fine trading is not a zero sum game because the exchange charges you a fee - it's moronic thinking of the highest order imo.

All depends on money flow - it's not a zero sum game until the music finally stops.

Let's do this properly and see what we get. As far as I'm aware it's been a while since there was a decent debate on this subject (one that is potentially useful and thought-provoking). Thread here (Jon, if it's in the wrong section can you shunt it into the right one please? I can't seem to find an ideal fit, so I've put it in The Foyer):

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/156750-zero-sum-not-does-matter.html#post1953966

Let's do this properly and see what we get. As far as I'm aware it's been a while since there was a decent debate on this subject (one that is potentially useful and thought-provoking). Thread here (Jon, if it's in the wrong section can you shunt it into the right one please? I can't seem to find an ideal fit, so I've put it in The Foyer):

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/156750-zero-sum-not-does-matter.html#post1953966

is it a good idea though Leopard? as it looks like me and you are the only real traders fighting against a vendor and a trolling 14 year old student. sounds like a hiding to nothing. :LOL: