Re – 2 traders required to complete team of 4

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,501
I'll take the other side of this, Flashy.

I think there might be an edge, and the proposers are merely using the desk-fees as a means of paying for the set-up, and getting themselves a free desk.

As opposed to going to a hedge fund and getting them to fund the operation based on past performance?

This explanation makes little sense.

As I mentioned before, I know a guy that was given 100k from a fund & he'd never placed a trade.

Shame he put it into a new account at MF Global 5 days before it went t!ts up, really.

There's tons & tons of $$$$ out there. Sure - a fund will expect their pint of blood & they will pi$$ & moan when you have an off day but it sure beats giving your edge away for 500 quid a month.

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,501
Hi LF

I understand why you are sceptical. I cant prove on a public internet forum that are no fees all I can do is say we are 2 private traders looking for 2 other private traders to form a team. no fees now or ever, no splits, if it does progress to a shared office then strictly equal split of costs between the team.

Re - your opinion on whether there is an edge. I cant really prove or disprove you on a public internet forum and nor do I want to. It's no great shakes anyway as you could give a solid edge to 100 traders and probably 90 would still fail, it's only one component. Edges are everywhere when you start to look, just a case of finding one that suits the trader and then being able to trade it.

The reason for finding two more traders is in the OP.
The edge provides a large number of high probability set ups from the 5min t/f and above and can be traded across multiple instruments hence the need for more pairs of eyes. Traders will alert the others to pending trading opportunities on the instruments they are monitoring thus maximising the number of trading opportunities in the trading session for all of the team.

help get over the isolation of trading alone, provide economies of scale, share costs not risk and also it may open up further opportunities for all of us working as a team.

Good luck to you.

Sounds like you need a scanner, not a partner...

Seriously - I'm not talking about a bot - just a scanner that gives you an approximate heads up.

It's not dissimilar to that outfit I know. They have 4 guys but only 1 places trades. They use scanners but they also have a lot of trades on the go....

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
As opposed to going to a hedge fund and getting them to fund the operation based on past performance?

This explanation makes little sense.

As I mentioned before, I know a guy that was given 100k from a fund & he'd never placed a trade.

Shame he put it into a new account at MF Global 5 days before it went t!ts up, really.

There's tons & tons of $$$$ out there. Sure - a fund will expect their pint of blood & they will pi$$ & moan when you have an off day but it sure beats giving your edge away for 500 quid a month.

Hi Toasty. I am not giving any edge away for £500 per month. An edge would be provided with signing of a non disclosure agreement but I dont know where the £500 pm comes in. That is just the estimated cost of a shared office should we get to that stage, it's not an amount that that is paid to me or any other member of the group. Good trading to you.

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
Just out of curiosity, how many trades, and how many pips would today have bagged?
On, for example, GU, EU and Dax?

Hi Trendie, sorry I am not going to go into details of performance on a public internet forum as there is absolutely no upside in doing so. I could come back with a number but it would be meaningless too everyone. It wouldn't help you, me or anyone else and above all it would be a waste of time. sorry

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
Sounds like you need a scanner, not a partner...

Seriously - I'm not talking about a bot - just a scanner that gives you an approximate heads up.

It's not dissimilar to that outfit I know. They have 4 guys but only 1 places trades. They use scanners but they also have a lot of trades on the go....

thanks for the suggestion but that would not work in this case for a number of reasons that I will not bore you with.

Lee Shepherd

2,164 573
Good work ChocolateDigestive,

As I keep harping on to anyone that will listen, a group of eyes are far better than a single pair and can promote calm and finger pressing or a step back and review when necessary. It also distributes time amongst many and helps ensure the key trades are not missed, naturally when they are found, several will verify this and the team can rest assure that they will lose and review or win and drink.

Good luck and never give up,

Lee Shepherd

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
Good work ChocolateDigestive,

As I keep harping on to anyone that will listen, a group of eyes are far better than a single pair and can promote calm and finger pressing or a step back and review when necessary. It also distributes time amongst many and helps ensure the key trades are not missed, naturally when they are found, several will verify this and the team can rest assure that they will lose and review or win and drink.

Good luck and never give up,

Lee Shepherd

Hi Lee. Thanks for the positive post. There is definitely an advantage to be had having others alert you to a potential trading opportunity on other instruments /timeframes. You are correct that having a different set of eyes verifying trades can help to filter out the various biases that we all have inbuilt in us. thanks

Lee Shepherd

2,164 573
Hi Lee. Thanks for the positive post. There is definitely an advantage to be had having others alert you to a potential trading opportunity on other instruments /timeframes. You are correct that having a different set of eyes verifying trades can help to filter out the various biases that we all have inbuilt in us. thanks

I've sent you a PM

trendie

Legendary member
6,840 1,398
Hi Trendie, sorry I am not going to go into details of performance on a public internet forum as there is absolutely no upside in doing so. I could come back with a number but it would be meaningless too everyone. It wouldn't help you, me or anyone else and above all it would be a waste of time. sorry

no probs.
(it was worth a try. :devilish:)

Is there any reason you're writing in purple?
I'm getting disturbing flashbacks.

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
no probs.
(it was worth a try. :devilish:)

Is there any reason you're writing in purple?
I'm getting disturbing flashbacks.

alright since it's you i will change to Majenta :) I just started writing my responses in a different colour and purple seemed a good option. It is a sign of respect to our fallen comrade socrates :LOL:

Reactions: the hare

Lord Flasheart

Legendary member
9,794 975
CD.How long have you been using these methods and how long did it take for you to understand the method? Im sure you dont mind giving us some more stats on your performance,av pips per week etc

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
CD.How long have you been using these methods and how long did it take for you to understand the method? Im sure you dont mind giving us some more stats on your performance,av pips per week etc

Hi LF. I am not going to go into the performance to date on a public internet forum as there isn't any upside to it. It wouldn't help me or you or anyone else and it would probably just start a flame war. The edge can be understood and applied very quickly, nothing complicated about it. Building the psychology and discipline to be able to trade it and have confidence in it will take longer. If you are genuinely interested in joining drop me a pm and I will send you more details/we can have a chat about it. good trading to you.

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,501
thanks for the suggestion but that would not work in this case for a number of reasons that I will not bore you with.

Well - do not forget the 80/20 rule.

80% of the benefit comes from 20% of the work.

You don't necessarily need a scanner to bring opportunities to your doorstep, the end of the street is fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock