Provider for Fundamental Data?

renato7

I'm looking for fundamental data (PE, DY, PB, etc) for individual US stocks.
Can anyone recommend a provider for this kind of data?

Ideally I'd like to have a feed so that I can download this data in bulk for a list of stocks.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for fundamental data (PE, DY, PB, etc) for individual US stocks.
Can anyone recommend a provider for this kind of data?

Ideally I'd like to have a feed so that I can download this data in bulk for a list of stocks.

Thanks in advance.

(Probably a useless answer, but..... ) .... you don't say what you will do with the data, or how you pick the stocks in the first place, so unless you have a special reason for doing it this way, why not use a free screener to find stocks with appropriate fundamentals ?
FINVIZ.com - Stock Screener is very good for this.
Glenn

Thanks for the reply, Glenn.

For the time being I'm using only end-of-day price data, look at the ratio of an individual stock price to a prevailing index over a period of 5 years (ex: IBM/SP500). Then I try to identify situations where this ratio (relative to its mean over the period) is "too high" or "too low" (that is, where the stock is overbought or oversold).

So, I'd like to do the same thing with valuation ratios, like PE, DY, and PB.
To expand on the above example, for PE, it would be IBM(PE)/SP500(PE). And I aim to try the same method.

If you have the programming skills, it is not too hard to screen scrape what you want from Yahoo finance. Same goes for MorningStar and no doubt a number of other sites. MorningStar has more historical data.

In the case of Yahoo finance, go easy on your request rate or they will kick you off.

If you have the programming skills, it is not too hard to screen scrape what you want from Yahoo finance. Same goes for MorningStar and no doubt a number of other sites. MorningStar has more historical data.

I can screen scrape Yahoo Finance, but NOT Morningstar, because Morningstar uses JavaScript to populate its data; that is, its data is not hardcoded on its web page. Does anyone know of screen scraper software that is JavaScript-enabled?