ProTrader

trendie said:
A general observation I have found is when companies trumpet how you can make £2,000 or £3,000 etc.
Is it not more meaningful to talk about how many "points" they have made ?

I could make £2000 on the DOW in a single day !!
IF I risked £50 a point, I would only need 40 points.
IF I risked £100 a point, I would only need 20 points.
BUT, I may need to have a 100 point stop-loss, which means having £5,000 as margin.

If the advertisement described points, we could make a more considered decision.
Then we can compare like-for-like.

Hi Trendie,

Good point.

They do provide a 'evidence' (at the moment only their word for it) of the number of points (lost and won) each system has made over a period of time, for example, over the last 7yrs with details of % wins/losses, bigest wins/losses etc. and average net profit per week/ month that you would have won based on a £10 spreadbet.

brownie3 said:
Has anyone bought and used any of the ProTrader trading software i.e. Dow weekly; Dow monthly; FTSE weekly/monthly; S&P daily? I am intersted to know whether the monetary gains made by the Protrader people for each system is fact or fiction. For example, based on historical research, the Dow weekly, it is claimed, makes on average between £2000 and £3000/month (about a 70% success rate). Whilst the FTSE system is calaimed to have a 98% success rate on its trades.

Of course nothing is guarenteed.

Hi

I believe that their system is based on the historical performance of the Dow. It works on the principle that history repeats itself and that certain weeks do repeat a certain trend frequently. I've looked at the most recent years and it does seem to work BUT as stated earlier, you would have to ride some enormous points losses in the process given the big stop loss required and most people don't have that much money or indeed nails to waste!

Hi Andrew.

Since your interested in Prosignal, why dont you pay the odd $30 and sign up for the two week trial.
I understand 2 weeks is not enough to know whether their system is gonna be profitable, but im sure you will have an understanding on how it works and you will know whether it is the right system for you.

Happy Trading
Faris..

98% correct calls is that?
Sorry to ask, but there's so much snake oil being sold out there that I don't bother looking at most of the ads. If anyone is suggesting they can call the market correctly 98% of the time they're lying hounds 98% of the time.
(If not more <g>)

I hear what everyone is saying in both this thread and one or two more about this system and it's drawdowns, and having spent (sorry wasted) money on systems in the past i am as sceptical as the next.

However it seems that the drawdowns are the only critisisms levelled at protrader, so what if it was traded with a fixed odds account? Just a thought, would be nice to hear from someone who has tried it this way.

anyone selling a system is giving a big fat message that they could not make money from it from trading, or didnt even bother to try - so they have decided to find some mugs to buy it

Protrader - points losses

smiley said:
Hi

I believe that their system is based on the historical performance of the Dow. It works on the principle that history repeats itself and that certain weeks do repeat a certain trend frequently. I've looked at the most recent years and it does seem to work BUT as stated earlier, you would have to ride some enormous points losses in the process given the big stop loss required and most people don't have that much money or indeed nails to waste!

It seems you're right in what you say about big stop losses, I spoke recently to one of the guys at protrader about setting stop loss levels for trading the Dow weekly. He recommended a stop level at around 550 points.

Nerve racking to say the least.

Pro Trader

Hi there

Cannot find any threads on this product/company ?
anyone know about them or where the treads are please ? thanks

ANDRE17 said:
Cannot find any threads on this product/company ?
anyone know about them or where the treads are please ? thanks

I've merged your post into the main ProTrader thread, so just read :arrowu:

adrianallen99 said:
I would say there is a 98% chance that it doesnt live up to it expectations.

That sounds too good to be believed. I would have thought a more accurate number would be 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999