Please give me your advice...

st0rm

I've been trading shares for several years without any real passion but feel I am ready to trade a little more often. I am working during the day so I don't really have any time to be opening and closing trades unless I do it through limit and stop orders beforehand. That really leaves me with a few options... trading Forex, or trading Commodities.

My second problem is that I don't really have a large amount of capital to start with. I have sat many spread betting seminars which bang on about not loosing your initial capital. Some recommend only risking 1% while others go for a more fixed limit method. Either way, with just a few hundred pounds to start with risking 1% is not going to get me anywhere fast. Maybe I am better off just gambling on highly volitile AIM shares?

I look for your advice on where to start, what to trade, and recommended methods for doing so. I have read several spread betting books, one CFD book, one Forex book, and one Technical Analysis book. I have to say I am still no further in knowing what to trade or how to trade it.

Thanks!
st0rm

Both the what and how are pretty personal decisions. Ideally, you should pick the market that interests you most. That will tend to keep you more engaged during the inevitable rough patches. It needs to be one you can manage during your selected timeframe and on your available capital, though. Likewise with the how, you need to identify the style of trading which suits your personality best. The beginning of it all, however, is nailing down your timeframe. You should pick an interval in which you can operate consistently.