Pentagon to set up "terrorist and assassinations" futures market! (no troll/link)

Car Key Boi

Pentagon to set up "terrorist and assassinations" futures market! (no troll/link)

Ra!
banana.gif

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon (news - web sites) is setting up a stock-market style system in which investors would bet on terror attacks, assassinations and other events in the Middle East. Defense officials hope to gain intelligence and useful predictions while investors who guessed right would win profits.

rest of article >> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20030729/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/terror_market_10

trading to commence Oct 1st!

here's the official website http://www.policyanalysismarket.org/pam_concept.htm

Summary of PAM Futures Contracts

Three types of futures contracts will be offered on PAM:

Quarterly contracts based on data indices that track economic health, civil stability, military disposition, and U.S. economic & military involvement in Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Turkey
Quarterly contracts that track global economic and conflict indicators
Specific possible events (e.g., U.S. recognition of Palestine in the first quarter of 2005)
When trading starts on October 1, 2003, there will be contracts of the first two types that mature at the end of the 4th quarter 2003, 1st 2004, 2nd 2004, and 3rd 2004. On January 1, 2004, contracts that mature at the end of the 4th quarter 2004 will be issued. In this way, the forward view of PAM will be maintained at one year.

Contracts of the third type will be issued into PAM as specific potential events of interest are identified.

I wondered who would post this first!!
Well done car kye oib...

Where's Lord Jamla when you need him?

grrrrrrr

just got word over the wire that the Pentagon are pulling the plug on this market coz of all the complaints from lefty liberal tards
tard.gif

I was gonna apply to be a market maker too.. : )

I had to read this story a few times from different sources to believe it's real.

Did they think the terrorists would call up and punt on forthcoming attacks? "My name is Mohammed, I would like to trade 'Dec 03, Bridge Explosion' in $100 a tick.

Military intelligence eh, you've got to luv it?

It would appear, as far a the US goes the terms "Millitary" and "Intelligence" are mutually exclusive. :LOL:

Yes Axthree, especially as that monumental retard Dubya Bush is Commander in Chief of the military.

Beggars belief really. No wonder that they have screwed up so badly.