oops I lost my house!

I dont know. presumably the function of the Alliance is just to provide low cost clearing facilities to traders, who are trading their funds seperately from the entity of the company.

How do people who do paid work for charities get paid?

They are employees with all that follows...

This is certainly not the case here.

JonnyT

Its clear that there is no such thing as blanket limited liability. It depends on circumstances. The directors of a company have liability further than just their equity stake. As such, they can indeed be sued.

If there are no directors then and just members then they too can be sued I assume as they have taken on those responsibilities usually taken by directors.

As with all these posts regarding TCA there is something inherently misdirectional between what is being portrayed and what is reality

Last edited:
police said:
As with all these posts regarding TCA there is something inherently misdirectional between what is being portrayed and what is reality

Yes, I am glad to see that you admit it.

Why dont you address the point I made of their being no such thing as blanket limited liability. My point here is quite well made and simple to understand.
You incorrectly assert that a member of TCA is only limited to a liability of £1 or less. In fact, you have been enlightened by several more learned persons than yourself in this thread that this is unlikely to be the case.
But you have not addressed their concerns at all. No wonder the Traders in this forum are becoming impatient of you.

Let me spell out a case in point.

If there is a Fraud or say a MISTAKE that causes a LIABILITY within any corporation then there is a case for redress under LAW to those responsible by those who were wronged.

I hope thats clear and to the point.

It is not just a fact that because of LIMITED LIABILTY the buck simply stops there.

This is GCSE schoolboy stuff!

whats the big deal?

none of you trade there so this is irrelevant and pointless.

why not argue if the moon is made of cheese? does it really matter?

I think this is something called self interest cc. their are some bitter and twisted people out there over what TCA have done. IMO they should either change their own business model in the realisation that the model has now changed or just quietly fade from existence.

Charlie,
I am concerned. People put down their views at T2W all the time. It seems whenever someone questions TCA a torrent of abuse follows genuine concerns. I suppose being curious as I am a few answers are required. If you read carefully through this thread you will see two things:

1 Genuine points of view and / or questions on the one side.
2. Either abuse or answers not forthcoming that address the specifics of the genuine questions raised.

I have never seen such a divisive issue on T2W, and not sure why some contributors get so angry over something they say is not their "bag"

Last edited:
Bullcar, that works both ways because it seems to me that if you "read carefully through this thread" and your posts it is you Bullcar that is making conjecture and speculation seemingly designed to acheive a particular goal.

Every time i have expressed my point of view on one side as you put it, you've been somewhat abusive in return as earlier in this thread. If you didnt want answers, and i certainly dont claim to have them all, why bother asking the question in the first place?

Anyway, as CC said - why is it such a big deal anyway? it seems to be to you, as about half of your posts are in other similar threads on the same subject.

I think its great that this helps clearing fees come down.

Now Arb, you are at Refco and about to leave to join TCA, is that correct?

Nope, I'm here for the time being because TCA dont support the execution platform I wish to use, but in due course if they can support it then I'd certainly like to consider the options for a move as I'm scalping for single ticks and lower costs of course go straight onto my bottom line, assuming all other things are equal (ie: order routing latency, data feed ping times).

Arbitrageur said:
Nope, I'm here for the time being because TCA dont support the execution platform I wish to use, but in due course if they can support it then I'd certainly like to consider the options for a move as I'm scalping for single ticks and lower costs of course go straight onto my bottom line, assuming all other things are equal (ie: order routing latency, data feed ping times).

are you saying youd prefer to use refco pro over tt?

nothing wrong in that, im just surprised if this is the case because most seem to go for tt - for no other reason than familiarity i guess???

I'm actually using the Aquarius platform.. Fortis didnt want to put a risk management console in just for me at the time I was having discussions with the Alliance

whats the url?

is everyone at mac/refco using aquarius then and ditched refco pro??

cheers.

no theres only a few Aquarius running here, most guys are using Refco Pro. I dont think the developers have launched their site yet, i'll check & let you know the URL if the site is up