One barrel of Crude contains...

Axis of Evil

Just for information's sake, I'm curious about how much Oil a barrel contains. I read at Nymex that it's 42 gallons and since I'm used to measure in liters I calculated to be 158.98 liters (1 gallon = 3.78541178 liter). Now it gets confusing, since searching 1 barrel on Google, the result says it contains just 117.35 liters. So which one is it? :confused:

Thanks

Last edited:
1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litre

use this

gallon = ? litre - Google Search
LOL.. yes, I knew that already, but if you search for "barrel", you get a different amount.. anyway, I already found the answer. It is most definitely 42 US gallons, thus 158.98 liters a barrel. Now I can calculate how much my government is stealing of me, calling it tax instead of thievery, hahahaha! :p

ps. Here, I have to pay 1,66 EUR per liter. How much do you have to fork over?

where are you?
1.66E/ Litre ..

I travel alot and know the fuel price in many countries I pay 130p in london, 0.31USD in cairo/egypt, and 1 USD to full the car tank in Libya, dont remember the price in UAE cuz I wasnt the driver :smart:

I assume your talking about Petrol for the car... its about £1.15p per litre ... so about 1.45 Euro's to you...

where are you?
1.66E/ Litre ..

I travel alot and know the fuel price in many countries I pay 130p in london, 0.31USD in cairo/egypt, and 1 USD to full the car tank in Libya, dont remember the price in UAE cuz I wasnt the driver :smart:
I'm in the Netherlands. There's about 60% to 65% taxes on a liter gasoline (euro95).. so my government is robbing me and the rest of us dutch morons, totally blind. Democracy has it's price and so has dictatorship.. the one wants you arm and leg, the other just 1 dollar! :D

I'm in the Netherlands. There's about 60% to 65% taxes on a liter gasoline (euro95).. so my government is robbing me and the rest of us dutch morons, totally blind. Democracy has it's price and so has dictatorship.. the one wants you arm and leg, the other just 1 dollar! :D

yeaaah

I like this, the price of democracy :p

Down under - $1.58 a litre (AUD)

The middle East sounds like the place to fill up though

At my country (Serbia) fuel is also damn expensive, especially because our wages are not high. One liter of fuel is 1.375e. But average monthly wage is around 300e.... (n)

That sounds quite scary figaro, considering the average income. :(

Is there a good public transport system? :?:

Roll on electric cars.......

That sounds quite scary figaro, considering the average income. :(

Is there a good public transport system? :?:

Roll on electric cars.......

Well, in Belgrade where I live - yes, public transport is awesome, but you can't compare Belgrade to rest of the Serbia. Belgrade is like special, rich country for itself and the rest of the Serbia (except Vojvodina) is very poor. Average monthly wage in East Serbia is only 100-150e.

At my country (Serbia) fuel is also damn expensive, especially because our wages are not high. One liter of fuel is 1.375e. But average monthly wage is around 300e.... (n)
Wow... and I thought we had it bad over here. I believe our average wage is about 1.250 EUR. That means a tank of gas (+/- 80 EUR) is just about 6.5% on the average income, where it is in Serbia about 26.6% (or more)... if we would have the same percentages on our average wage, our prices would need to be a stunning 6.86 EUR?!?!? :eek:

How come that these prices are that high over in Serbia? Is it taxes or some other kind of organized government robbery?

Wow... and I thought we had it bad over here. I believe our average wage is about 1.250 EUR. That means a tank of gas (+/- 80 EUR) is just about 6.5% on the average income, where it is in Serbia about 26.6% (or more)... if we would have the same percentages on our average wage, our prices would need to be a stunning 6.86 EUR?!?!? :eek:

How come that these prices are that high over in Serbia? Is it taxes or some other kind of organized government robbery?

No, it's not about government...fuel price is the same or 1-2% lower or higher compared to our neighbors....
Wages are the problem... :confused:

We got a Pro European government once again, so I believe the things will be better now...we still struggle to shake-off "The Communism effect"...after 8 years it's still tough, but things are getting better each day... :)
There are still many nationalists, but democrats have enormous support in young people and adolescents, so we (young democrats) have to continue to struggle for peace on Balkan, better life standard, civil rights, EU participation... They won (democrats) the elections again, this time with biggest difference then ever in past 8 years, so I believe this country slowly but secure is getting on the right track... :D