on-line poker

Trader333 said:
If that is the case then why do the same names keep appearing in the open tournament finals ? In my view this cannot be just down to luck.

Paul
That was my point. It isn't only about luck. There is definitely skill involved to. If there wasn't no one would ever consistently make money from the game because the luck would even out over time and you would win some loose some and basically break even.

Even tourneys, which are designed to increase the luck factor, take skill to do well in. Rougetraders' point about winners is valid to an extent. However, if you were to look at who finished "in the money" in most tourneys, you would find the "money placings" are dominated by professional players with a sprinkling of amatuers. This is because their skill takes them deep into the tourney but often eventually they will end up on the wrong side of a "lucky hand" and crash out.

Cheers,
PKFFW

if you were to look at who finished "in the money" in most tourneys, you would find the "money placings" are dominated by professional players with a sprinkling of amatuers.
I haven't looked at that but I would be pretty sure that you are absolutely right.

I was amazed to hear that the US has banned on-line gaming. Did noone teach them anything at school about their own history ?
How the do-gooders in the 1920s made the Mafia by prohibition. They could not have done better for organised crime if they had tried. Same thing goes for this new bit of Evangelical do-gooding.