Oanda

Mr Buddhist, I am logging in via their website. Player account. Not the best way, then, I take it...

Bansir... :LOL: Oh, yes. Assuming you are using a player account, set the automatic lots to be 500,000. That's $50/pip so makes you pay attention. I won't risk real money until I am comfortable with their system. Have yet to figure out how to set limit orders etc.

Actually, you don't even need to go through the Oanda site to use the platform anymore. They have a desktop ap you can install that will start you up directly into Java without needing to go through the site. I can't recall where it is, but if you look around the site you'll find it.

Here's the link to find the desktop app:

FXTrade Platform
You will then see a link to the desktop installation on the right hand side of the resulting web page.
Hope this helps folks; I found it quite tricky to locate.

Got it in one re player account shadowninja! Thanks for the tip re setting lot size.
Best Regards,
Neil

Thanks.

ETA: Ah, no longer requires two separate windows to run. Much better.

Last edited:
Son, Oanda is the best.

Go clean your cache and restart your computer. Those guys telling you not too, are the same guys that are burning out there cars by never changing the oils.

DT

Reactions: BSD
I must add also never had a problem with Oandas platform been using it for a few years now.

Only 2 grips. Would like to see weekly and monthly charts.
Sometimes there will be a large spike, looks like a stop run. When I've checked other
data feeds, nothing.

Sometimes there will be a large spike, looks like a stop run. When I've checked other data feeds, nothing.

I've seen that once or twice two, but I've also seen Oanda go back and make a correction if the price was in error, including adjust executed trades.

Absolutely.

(Infrequent) Spikes can also be quite easily explained by the fact that there isn't a single market place in FX, so Oanda and all other market participants get their price quotes from lots and lots of interbank sources, and with that many price suppliers the odd mistake or two is inevitable.

But, as Rhody said, Oanda always adjusts erroneous pricing and executed trades.

Also, Oanda do not trade, so they do not run stops, there wouldn't be any incentive in that.

Hiya. I just started playing with the oanda demo and am really liking it. I've made over £100 trading at around 40p per point yesterday!

Is it easy to open an account with them?
Is it easy to deposit and withdraw funds with them? I like how with CMC you just put in your Credit card info and moneys in your account with 30 mins.
I notice that the margin required for positions is very big compared to CMC. Is there an option to choose you desired leverage when openeing you account?
Only downside i've noticed is the platform seems to dissconnect a few times per day. Is this common?

Cheers.

Bump :(

Im now in the process of trying to at least open my account. Im in the UK.
Its asking for my "Social security (or tax ID number)" It also says "International Customers, please include your passport or government issued ID number".

Do i put in my National Insurance number of a number from my passport somewhere??

well in the end i put in my national insurance number and it seems to be OK. But now I have a PDF form to fill in and then email it to them. I cant seem to type on the PDF form though???

i have using oanda for some years already
now i am thinking to close oanda and move to IG