Oanda

ChowClown said:
Hi CT, if you use internet banking you can use the domestic CHAPS option when you initially fund an Oanda account. Your withdrawals will be made back to that account electronically too....perhaps i've misunderstood you on this? There's a £25 fee for withdrawal, but draw once a month say and the cost is insignificant.

When last I transferred to I had to use the Canadian bank. Do they have a local bank. Has this changed. I will look it up.

I have just checked, it has changed! Wow! I had No Idea. Then I have not complaints. I will definately be going back then.

:) in case it wasn't in the process last time you used them, remember to send the electronic notification of your deposit(s) prior to setting up the CHAPS. It's listed on the Oanda site. All the best.

Oanda? no way. Go SaxoBank, Min 10KUSD easily funded, no comms, tight spread and the best charting package and news and analysis comes with it.

Good luck

WH

kkarank said:
Hi,

I am based in the UK and from posts on this forum it looks like onada is the best bet for FOREX trading .

My questions-

1) Do they have any minimum acccount balance requirement ?
2) Ho do you fund the account - wire ?or do they have a UK presence?
3) Do they charge commision or just live off spreads ?

Also any recos on a good charting software/free charts for forex ? I have tried netdania but not been impressed.

Cheers
KK

I was disconnected 3 times yesterday, and have just been disconnected today (although it did reconnect itself after about 5 mins). I have cleared browser caches and java caches, but it seems to make no difference. Is this happening to anybody else here?

Fish said:
I was disconnected 3 times yesterday, and have just been disconnected today (although it did reconnect itself after about 5 mins). I have cleared browser caches and java caches, but it seems to make no difference. Is this happening to anybody else here?

Yes.

It is.

Don't let them fob you off with the glib, standard, it must be you Sir. :devilish: