Nymex futures 2006/2007

vedrex

Hi,
I am quite new to trading and have opened an account with Capital Spreads in order to place long bets on oil. I believe price will be >$60 around next year and would like to profit from this. Do any companies offer futures this far ahead? Or do I need to trade using another method? Capital spreads only offers Nymex August at the moment and Brent Crude September.

I have about a £1000 to use for this and would like to trade on margin. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Try IG Index - UK spread betting company (reputable owned by ICAP no. 1 oil OTC broker). Watch out for liquidity the spreads won't be too good as I am guessing that most punters won't look that far back. - if you change your mind it may be costly to get out. You will want to look at the Jan 06 contract (expires Dec), although you may want to look at the Dec 05 contract (expires in Nov) but will probably be more liquid (today) than the Jan contract. Give them a call but try and get a another market before you dive in (look on the internet for another spread betting/ futures broker) as they might take the pee....