Need Help

Puolagha

Hi everyone, i recently signed up to learn to trade bonds, in particular Bunds, and need advise as to how to trade it, especially what indicators i should be looking at as well as chart settings. Please i would appriciate any help as i am very much lost.

What course did you sign up for and what did you learn?

What books about trading have you read?

What timeframe are you thinking of (intraday, many days, many weeks per trade)?

TCA, And have learnt Zilch so far cept for being given Support and resistance levels and a trading platform.

In terms of books, ive been given a whole list of books, for 1 Technical analysis of the financial markets and a whole load of websites.

Im looking to do intraday

So you came here knowing basically nothing about trading Bunds and expected us to be able to tell you everything you need to know on the basis of your asking one question? I'm sorry, but that just isn't going to happen. We can help with specific questions, but if you don't make the effort to read the books or whatever to at least demonstrate that you aren't after some quick fix, we're not going to be able to offer much of lasting value.

Last edited:
If i wanted to find out everything i needed to know about trading bunds and finding out everything from one question i would gone to church and prayed for a miracle as i believe i would have stood more of a chance quite frankly. As it happens i have been reading the books actually and can tell you all about supports and resistance and trend lines and calculating pivots and probably as many indicators as you would like me to impart, but i don't believe all indicator are suitable to every market, unfortunately i believe the markets are all interelated as therefore reference points to look for, ie relationships between the equity markets and bunds, defining a realistic and workable plan, just ideas on defining parametres, obviousley i must have given the wrong impression i was looking to be spoon fed. But thanks anyway for the time. Goodluck.
So you came here knowing basically nothing about trading Bunds and expected us to be able to tell you everything you need to know on the basis of your asking one question? I'm sorry, but that just isn't going to happen. We can help with specific questions, if you don't make the effort to read the books or whatever to at least demonstrate that you aren't after some quick fix, we're not going to be able to offer much of lasting value.

... As it happens i have been reading the books actually and can tell you all about supports and resistance and trend lines and calculating pivots and probably as many indicators as you would like me to impart, but i don't believe all indicator are suitable to every market, unfortunately i believe the markets are all interelated as therefore reference points to look for, ie relationships between the equity markets and bunds, defining a realistic and workable plan, just ideas on defining parametres...

Now you're starting to get somewhere.

I wouldn't say specific indicators are not suitable for specific markets, but rather that they are not suitable for specific traders. You need to indentify the way to trade which makes the most sense. That normally means trend or range trading, though it could be something else (arb, scalping, spread, etc.). Then you can start identifying methods which might work for you.

Thanks for that piece of advise.
Now you're starting to get somewhere.

I wouldn't say specific indicators are not suitable for specific markets, but rather that they are not suitable for specific traders. You need to indentify the way to trade which makes the most sense. That normally means trend or range trading, though it could be something else (arb, scalping, spread, etc.). Then you can start identifying methods which might work for you.