Nearly 75,000 members !! Are you all traders ?

Sharky should throw a party for his members and hire Wembley Stadium to host it.

:cheesy:

Typical web forum participation

As a slight tangent to the main topic.

Typical web forum/newsgroup activity ratios is believed to be around:

(total membership) : (intermittent participants/long term lurkers) : (heavy users)
=
100 : 10 : 1

90% take a look, brought by a search engine or a link from somewhere else and are never seen again.
10% are happy to lurk as they don't have much to say or don't feel like it.

I don't see any reason to think that it would be much different here.

I guess everyone posting here belongs to the 1percenters.(Except me)

However, 750 heavy users seems a bit high to me. I say that without being able to justify it in anyway.

rgds

We seem to have hit some resistance @75,519, but this will be only short term. I have no doubt we will break out of this level and run up all the way to 78,000 (minimum)

I will go:
LONG @ 75,600
STOP @ 75,450
TARGET @ 78,000

We seem to have hit some resistance @75,519, but this will be only short term. I have no doubt we will break out of this level and run up all the way to 78,000 (minimum)

I will go:
LONG @ 75,600
STOP @ 75,450
TARGET @ 78,000

interesting. If i want to hunt your stop, i just need to ban 200 members :LOL:

the homepage shows approx 76,900 members, but the "Members List" shows 1984 pages of 30 names, meaning approx 59,500 members.

My arithmetic isnt the greatest, but there is a discrepancy of around 17,000.

am I missing somefink?
(sitting on a loss on EURUSD :cry: : went SHORT 1.4853, but it spiked up. )

the homepage shows approx 76,900 members, but the "Members List" shows 1984 pages of 30 names, meaning approx 59,500 members.

My arithmetic isnt the greatest, but there is a discrepancy of around 17,000.

am I missing somefink?
(sitting on a loss on EURUSD :cry: : went SHORT 1.4853, but it spiked up. )

No **** Sherlock, u might be onto something :LOL: .

Have you factored in multiple nicks :)

Paul

no, but surely, once they have been deleted, it would honest to subtract them from total.
otherwise, theoretically, the membership could exceed 6.5 billion, the total population of the earth.

EDIT: and what with the "one laptop per child" initiative, this may become reality sooner than you think!

Well i recently did a mental count of regular T2W posters, & i came up with around 3 dozen. So as for 75,000 etc.............:confused:

Currently Active Users: 252 Thats around 0.3% of the total members. Not much is it.

Well i recently did a mental count of regular T2W posters, & i came up with around 3 dozen. So as for 75,000 etc.............:confused:

depends what you mean by "regular".
I get 94 pages of members visited in this month (Nov). thats 2820. I would consider that regular. but no data as to how many visits in that month, and how many are newbies.
I think your 3 dozen are "hard-core". :LOL:

Currently Active Users: 252 Thats around 0.3% of the total members. Not much is it.

some members may be at work, and are EOD players, and only get to read/post in the evening. some may be australian/far east, and log on during our night-time.

sorry to start this thread up again. was just finding something to do in between trades.

.......some are not at work.....and do not work.....and are EOD players.....and get to read/post full time throughout the day......but do not post posts regularly just to be called traders.....sometimes they may be abroad.......hopefully they will qualify to be called.....Traders.......!!