My Forex Funds - Evaluation Standard - ($200,000 account)

The Erect Trader

72 70
I slow played today as well but this time, i went in a small drawdown during the trading session :

september èth 2021.png

Reactions: IlIlIlIlI

The Erect Trader

72 70
Lost thursday, then i tried to win in one shot trade on friday. Here is the result. No comment.

lost in a week.png

• Sad
Reactions: IlIlIlIlI

kevinkdog

28 14
The problem is you still need an edge with your strategy.

A random 1:3 risk to reward strategy would win about 25% of the time (we will forget about trading costs in this example).

So, your chances of getting 2 wins in a row are actually around .25*.25 = 6.25%.

Let's say instead you have 30% chance of winning (you have an edge):
70% of time you lose 1, 30% of time you win 3. Long run expectancy is 0.2, which actually is not bad. If you make 1 trade a week like this, and either lose $1000 or gain $3000. In a year, you'll gain $200*52 = $10,400, which is really pretty good. (My point is even 30% wins with a 1:3 risk to reward is very good).

But even with a 30% chance of winning, you still only have .3*.3 = 9% chance of hitting 2 winners in a row.

This video makes it sounds like "just win 2 times in a row" is easy, when it fact it is not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock