Mr Charts' Coaching / Nasdaq Trading School

When a man with "experience" meets a man with "money"
very soon the man with "experience" will have the "money"
and the man with the "money" will have the "experience"

My God! Is this some big wind-up? Bad luck: Because you're failed. To succeed in a market that can throw anything at you, you have to have the right kind of psychology and not get emotional. The ridiculous content of some of the previous posts here on this thread is just laughable.

Perhaps we should deal with some FACTS here. Both you LevII and TheBramble have a quite obvious agenda to attack Richard. This is evident not only now, but in your historical posts. A lot of the older T2W members realise that, the newbies perhaps unfortunately do not.

On most occassions you might attempt to word it in an innocent-sounding way, but deep down poison is running through your words.

*IF* I was Richard, I would request the mods remove your (and mine, in order to clear this thread) posts because the points raised have no basis whatsoever.

I did not actually realise, when posting those links it went to an individual post instead of just to the post within the thread. Here's a link to the thread, in case people missed it/didn't click on it from a post. I'd LOVE for anyone to read it and come out with the same opinions you seem to have:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10214

LevII, I failed to read further - and realise *you* were an active participant in the thread!! How fascinating! It also has at *least* one person (I read it yesterday, not going to re-read right now) saying they're making money! It has even more saying the course was good. So goodbye to your credibility in this matter. Your attacks in Richard's credibility are nothing short of deliberate and ill-intentioned. Are you merely pissed off that he wouldn't/won't train you, and you can't gain the knowledge so easily and his great help?

As far as martinwalker, I know not who he is. As I said, even the previous quoted thread was before my time here and got buried such that I had not found it until yesterday. I've now reviewed all of his 26 posts - and actually it appears that he was someone like me. He received coaching, and went on to find success? Is this not true?

He then disappeared, and I don't blame him - if people like you keep posting such ridiculous stuff I might give up wasting my time! In fact, I HAD planned on giving up posting here - but then I just wanted to give a little bit of help to newbies in one of my posts here and congratulate Richard on his trades. When I saw the posts come through attacking him however, I could not let it rest. Those intelligent enough to have read the previous posts and understood them will clearly see through you guys.

There are people who make billions on the markets, there are people who make hundreds, tens of millions. There are people who only make millions, there are people who make hundreds of thousands. You patently don't, and will not unless you can change your attitudes ever fit into one of these categories.

You seem envious that martinwalker states he flies a Cessna? What exactly is so laughable about that? I know some pilots, who when learning to fly had a lot less money than it is possible to earn from trading when you have the right mindset and plan.

I think perhaps if you reviewed posts more, you would realise that you are jumping to a conclusion in saying HOT stocks will leave you burned. In fact, you are! Perhaps you're the kind of guys (or ladies, I know not which) who when younger (or even now) wouldn't go for the HOT women (or men, whoever you are) because you were afraid of being burned. You never realised, that in the same way the terminolgy applies to that scenario: That you would never get "burned" you might just get rebuffed as with anyone.. but I guess you never saw it like that? A word can have multiple definitions. In this case, a hot stock is a stock which has the potential to MOVE. Just because a stock has this potential, what precisely makes it a higher-risk that could get me burned? Ignorance shows here in your post, because if you have the right knowledge of stocks and Level II Yes, if you want to get into positions and have a very very high probability of controlling your losses to a few cents - you need Level II. If you're pairs trading, or doing another type of trading that can possibly offset losses against winners then so long as you have the right edge you might be able to get away without it. However, I prefer to have tiny losers and let my winners run! Sure suits me better! But again, I repeat I have not dismissed the trading methodologies of anyone else. If something works - it works!

Ultimately trading comes down to the individual. As has been stated many times, you only need look at something like the Turtle Traders to see how very true this is. You could give a great system to a bad trader, and they'd lose money. You could give a fairly poor system to a great trader, they'd make money. Note, by system here I mean one posessing an edge.

TheBramble: For a "brilliant technical analyst" you truly make me laugh. I am having a lot of fun here. I quote you:

You have been highly selective in my view of those who have had the 'experience'. And jonnyt would no doubt like to update his comments were he around, but that's understandable.

JonnyT, I feel sorry for him. Didn't see him making bad words or insulting people the way you to. He traded Forex, not US stocks. Unfortunately it seems as a full-time profession he wasn't able to succeed. I hope he's able to come back and try again one day, it seemed he didn't get the support from his family that would form a central and important psychological role. You might like to retract your comments, or find JonnyT to comment. He's stopped posting here, but one of his final posts says:

Well the short answer is I' ve traded Forex full time for four months and have made a loss. I've had to bite the bullet and take a job.

Several years ago I did take the Mr Charts course and on the day paper traded over £1000 profits. At the time I had a secure job etc and with family committments decided to continue working. Having been made redundant I gave trading a go, but with Forex. My interest with Forex had always been mechanical and some systems worked great for 18 months then stopped working. One system doubled my money in 4 weeks, then stopped dead despite a years backtesting showing how good it could be!

I now think Forex is saturated, everyones there and the market dynamics have changed. I now agree with Mr Charts that stock trading is the easiest and the one most likely to make you suceed.
I highlighted that bold, because you evidently missed that!

Bramble, my central thrust here is that you deliberately attack Mr Charts, and that you mis-lead those who don't have the balanced information to come to the correct conclusion. How the hell would a poll be relevant to the issue I raised? It would not and could not. Read my previous posts again. The ball has never even left your court on this issue - I gave you a challenge in one of my first posts yesterday and you wouldn't accept it.

You've picked the wrong advocate, my fellow posters. Support for Mr C is all over these boards and most people will, quite rightly feel that they have no need to post here - because they already have in the past.

Right, enough of my time used up! Back to enjoying my weekend. That's not to say I am not enjoying showing some of you up for who you truly are!

Indeed. To be ironic - I am now quitting posting on T2W. Make of it what you want - indeed some of you have far too much time in which you can think and make of it exactly what you want :)

I would have loved to have been able to help more people - because quite a few members have helped me. But unfortunately, I must follow the majority of them in now leaving these boards.

Good luck to all those who truly persevere with an open mind, if you want to succeed - you can.

I'm off to enjoy life and the rewards that trading gives.

Até...

BP

In case you're still here the following extracts from the thread you suggeted (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10214) may help. The question being asked was does anyone make any money from following Mr C's teachings. BP, I have no doubt you are delighted with what you have received from Mr C but it is not for you to purport to speak on behalf of others, particularly to suggest all his tutees share your views. The following 2 posts may help dispell that proposition. I have added some emphasis and a couple of comments.
#17 I have had Mr Charts one to one course and at the time I thought that it was good value, however that was quite a while ago and in my opinion now, I think you can get the same information either for nothing on various boards or from day trading books, and you can buy a lot of books for that kind of money.
I regret having to make this post, I never intended to say anything, but as you posed a direct question I felt morally bound to answer honestly.

#22 I also felt I had to respond to this thread. I had a session with Mr Charts (Richard Joyson) last year. Like the others on the Seminars here I was very enthusiastic before and immediately after the seminar since Richard had made out on these boards that there were great gains to be had by trading in the US and importantly it was so so EASY! You only have to do a search for User Mr. Charts and the word 'easy'! I am not going to go into the seminar because it has already been described nicely by the other people in the seminars area. I would add that during the seminar Richard DID NOT trade live to show how he would trade. What he did do is to go through his news stocks and select the positive and negative news ones but then at the end just said well hypothetically if I had put money on this stock I would have lost this much money on this one gained this much on that one etc... In fact I believe that Richard NEVER trades live in any of his seminars. I believe he had a public seminar last year. Of course it wasn't free!

All his students become members of a 'special' members website (TUBBS to which I referred in an earlier post) which I am not going to reveal here nor to anyone who asks but I will say that the majority of his ex-students are very very unhappy about the fact that they have not made any money from 'his' strategies. An attempt was made last year on his members' website to try to get Richard to show us live how to trade. I might add that this was not free we all offered to contribute money for his fee. Unfortunately he flatly refused and made a huge fracas and even had the person who raised this issue on the website temporarily banned. One more thing. I find it incredible that Richard seems to spend all of his time and effort posting his trades on this website and tacticaltrader.com yet he hardly ever posts on his members website supporting and providing help to the 50-60 people who have paid just under £1000. It seems he expect all of us to support each other and use each other's shoulder to cry on!

Regarding Richard's strategies, they are all available on the web and on this website. Whether his strategies work or not is another matter. I would be happy to talk to any of his ex-members to see if they are making money from Richard's strategies. I bet that more than 95% arent making any money - USING RICHARD's STRATEGIES. Most of the people are struggling or have turned to training other gullible people themselves!

Last edited:
BlackPanther said:
Indeed. To be ironic - I am now quitting posting on T2W. Make of it what you want - indeed some of you have far too much time in which you can think and make of it exactly what you want :)

I would have loved to have been able to help more people - because quite a few members have helped me. But unfortunately, I must follow the majority of them in now leaving these boards.

Good luck to all those who truly persevere with an open mind, if you want to succeed - you can.

I'm off to enjoy life and the rewards that trading gives.

Até...
If you really want to help others then may I invite you to do the following.

1. Keep a record of all your 'Mr Charts' trades.
2. Take a screenshot of your trading screen at the end of each day (rather as Grey1 does on another thread).
3. Keep your broker records.
4. Come back here in 3 months time and post it all for all to see.

If you succeed then you will help both your mentor and those who might aspire to follow your lead.

If, on the other hand, you find yourself disappointed you will still have assisted others if not your mentor.

Good luck

Au revoir - or is it truly Adieu

I've split these posts off from the "Trading the Markets with Alan Rich" thread as they seem more at home in the reviews forum.

Mr. Charts said:
One of my HOT stocks was QCOM, chosen before the market even opened. I shorted on the cross hairs at 39.95 with a MAXIMUM immediate stop of 40.02, a risk of 7c.

Hello friends,

I've taken training from Richard. He showed me how to look for these setups. I shorted QCOM at 39.86 and covered at 39.01, after the bounce. I really should've covered where Richard did but I still had the Thurdsday's action in mind. I was looking for similar action on Friday.

The training I've had from Richard has been extremely valuable. He didn't turn me into a highly successful trader over night but he gave me ever so valuable tools, which I'm now learning to use.

Yes, Richard's methods would have brought this stock up before the market opened but I also saw an important signal in the QCOM EOD chart the day before. I have attached the charts for you.

In the first one www.cfdfocus.com/qcom_eod.png you can see how qcom opened outside of the consolidation triangle. It is common that price starts to move from here. I call it a First Free Bar rule which works pretty often with triangles whether the time frame is EOD or 3min or 1min. Just keep an eye on them.

In the second chart www.cfdfocus.com/qcom_eod1.png we have an important S/R level. The fact that QCOM opened below this S/R was a clear signal of which direction the stock would go.

If you want to know / learn more on how to catch these kind of trades just agree a date with Richard and he'll teach you everything you need to know. In my opinion, that trip to London and a day with Richard was The best investment I've ever made.

All the best and a big thank you to everyone posting here. I reckon we all need this forum. Let's keep it alive.

Cheers,

TT

LevII said:
BP

In case you're still here the following extracts from the thread you suggeted (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10214) may help. The question being asked was does anyone make any money from following Mr C's teachings. BP, I have no doubt you are delighted with what you have received from Mr C but it is not for you to purport to speak on behalf of others, particularly to suggest all his tutees share your views. The following 2 posts may help dispell that proposition. I have added some emphasis and a couple of comments.
#17 I have had Mr Charts one to one course and at the time I thought that it was good value, however that was quite a while ago and in my opinion now, I think you can get the same information either for nothing on various boards or from day trading books, and you can buy a lot of books for that kind of money.
I regret having to make this post, I never intended to say anything, but as you posed a direct question I felt morally bound to answer honestly.

#22 I also felt I had to respond to this thread. I had a session with Mr Charts (Richard Joyson) last year. Like the others on the Seminars here I was very enthusiastic before and immediately after the seminar since Richard had made out on these boards that there were great gains to be had by trading in the US and importantly it was so so EASY! You only have to do a search for User Mr. Charts and the word 'easy'! I am not going to go into the seminar because it has already been described nicely by the other people in the seminars area. I would add that during the seminar Richard DID NOT trade live to show how he would trade. What he did do is to go through his news stocks and select the positive and negative news ones but then at the end just said well hypothetically if I had put money on this stock I would have lost this much money on this one gained this much on that one etc... In fact I believe that Richard NEVER trades live in any of his seminars. I believe he had a public seminar last year. Of course it wasn't free!

All his students become members of a 'special' members website (TUBBS to which I referred in an earlier post) which I am not going to reveal here nor to anyone who asks but I will say that the majority of his ex-students are very very unhappy about the fact that they have not made any money from 'his' strategies. An attempt was made last year on his members' website to try to get Richard to show us live how to trade. I might add that this was not free we all offered to contribute money for his fee. Unfortunately he flatly refused and made a huge fracas and even had the person who raised this issue on the website temporarily banned. One more thing. I find it incredible that Richard seems to spend all of his time and effort posting his trades on this website and tacticaltrader.com yet he hardly ever posts on his members website supporting and providing help to the 50-60 people who have paid just under £1000. It seems he expect all of us to support each other and use each other's shoulder to cry on!

Regarding Richard's strategies, they are all available on the web and on this website. Whether his strategies work or not is another matter. I would be happy to talk to any of his ex-members to see if they are making money from Richard's strategies. I bet that more than 95% arent making any money - USING RICHARD's STRATEGIES. Most of the people are struggling or have turned to training other gullible people themselves!

LevII,
TheBramble,

I'm making money using Richard's Level II strategies. Two fellow traders of mine took the whole course and also make money using HIS strategies.
The ones that don't make money, are people who:
1. are afraid to push the button
2. are undercapitalised
3. are too busy trying to dig a hole for Richard on T2W, and then fall in it themselves.
Don't blame Richard for this.

If you would be profitable, you wouldn't be posting in this thread to tell Mr. Charts' students aren't making money. You're just frustrated, because you're probably not making money and you can't find a strategy that works for you because you're probably just triggershy.

I quote LevII:" I bet that more than 95% arent making any money"
I bet you bet. Real traders don't bet, gamblers do.
Ok, just to get down to your level, I bet that you're part of the 95% of the people who lose money to us, the 5% that makes all the money guys like you lose.
But please keep posting all the negative things you have to say about people that make money, that just tells us you're still losing money and that puts a smile on my face.

That's it, Folks.

BlackPanther, dude, you got my support!

-Dave :cool:

Last edited:
dvdh said:
LevII,
TheBramble,

I'm making money using Richard's Level II strategies. Two fellow traders of mine took the whole course and also make money using HIS strategies.
The ones that don't make money, are people who:
1. are afraid to push the button
2. are undercapitalised
3. are too busy trying to dig a hole for Richard on T2W, and then fall in it themselves.
Don't blame Richard for this.

If you would be profitable, you wouldn't be posting in this thread to tell Mr. Charts' students aren't making money. You're just frustrated, because you're probably not making money and you can't find a strategy that works for you because you're probably just triggershy.

I quote LevII:" I bet that more than 95% arent making any money"
I bet you bet. Real traders don't bet, gamblers do.
Ok, just to get down to your level, I bet that you're part of the 95% of the people who lose money to us, the 5% that makes all the money guys like you lose.
But please keep posting all the negative things you have to say about people that make money, that just tells us you're still losing money and that puts a smile on my face.

That's it, Folks.

BlackPanther, dude, you got my support!

-Dave :cool:
I'm absolutely delighted you are making so much money.

Shame about Mr C's 'Tubbies' - hope you don't go the same way.

horse to water etc...etc...

LevII said:
I'm absolutely delighted you are making so much money.

Shame about Mr C's 'Tubbies' - hope you don't go the same way.

There are reports of "Turtle traders" trained to use a certain approach to the markets. However, despite the coaching some still failed to turn a profit despite the majority being able to do so. It has been said by experienced traders that God could give a group of people a trading system to follow yet some of that group would still be able to realize a loss. Unfortunately people like Tubbs seem to be among the few that fail. Hopefully he will continue searching for his personal approach and find success in his endeavours.
DVDH is obviously happy with his new found knowledge.;)

neil said:
There are reports of "Turtle traders" trained to use a certain approach to the markets. However, despite the coaching some still failed to turn a profit despite the majority being able to do so. It has been said by experienced traders that God could give a group of people a trading system to follow yet some of that group would still be able to realize a loss. Unfortunately people like Tubbs seem to be among the few that fail. Hopefully he will continue searching for his personal approach and find success in his endeavours.
DVDH is obviously happy with his new found knowledge.;)
Amen to that.

The original poster of extract #22 above reckoned the majority were unhappy. Perhaps the private site was just a gathering place for 'detractors'.