Mike Douglas and MTA Online SCAM

Jun 16, 2017
I've also been told that James Wardell is no longer working with Matt Travis / Lloyd.

He's still listed as a Director, so I don't know how true that is.

Kaeso

Oct 4, 2015
They have no real reason to withdraw the allegations, to pursue any sort of libel action against somebody is incredibly expensive and Matt is flat broke, not to mention he has much bigger issues to deal with right now regarding FCA etc. Also I don't doubt that what Lewis is saying is true - and if a statement is true then it isn't libellous, just contentious.

Matt confirmed on his facebook status earlier that he is being investigated for trading other people's money without a license. A serious offence with a realistic prospect of conviction and custodial sentences. Screenshot attached of him confirming it in his own words. He is blaming it on the brokers - however ignorance of the law is not a defence.

Matt's "comeback" didn't last long, he's already deleted his facebook again...
haha i love this, some guy puts his tongue up Matts ass and inspires a little confession from Matt (sorry for my crudeness :D)

Sep 9, 2010
Compton, Ca.
Humble

A sense check may be required LaserTrader. While 3-5% per day isn't impossible, anyone believing someone is going to give them the wherewithal to make those sorts of returns for a few grand up front probably is exactly the sort of people that people who can't make anything like that sort of return trading will want to entice those that think it can into parting with their cash so that they can.

It's a harsh reality that those least able will become increasingly less so. Check the parable of the talents. I'm no bible nut, but it's one of the few lessons from the bible that has any specific bearing on trading.
Also the bible states to be humble that has a lot to do with trading. Not being humble and a trader is totally dangerous.

Kaeso

Oct 4, 2015
Also the bible states to be humble that has a lot to do with trading. Not being humble and a trader is totally dangerous.
being humble in trading may be good advise, but whether the bible talks of humbleness or not is irrelevant :whistling

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
west sussex, UK
fxcorrelator.com
Having spent nearly 50 years involved in the gambling and trading business *****. I advise people to go in with eyes wide open and heavily scrutise all offers presented to you

As humans we have many behavioural biases that are NOT good at steering us away from decisions that sound good and profitable but are in fact scams

Always adopt an objective approach to evaluating schemes and do not believe everything you read

Also as soon as red flags are seen STOP THERE......the chances of the red flag not proving to have truth in it are very very rare...

So without prejudice to any persons or companies already mentioned in this long thread ....if a company or director have been red flagged or investigated even provisionally by authorities WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ?

Smell the coffee and walk away ......there are plenty of decent things out there that have not been investigated that are worth a look

And if something sounds too good to be true....then it is ...fact

N

*****. I have been conned plenty of times ....I .just try to be smarter these days :)

Jan 5, 2017
Attached is a screenshot, supposedly after being caught Matt blamed everything on James and the two are no longer speaking.

According to Lewis Flanagan, when MTA were doing well in 2016 James managed to save up £50,000 or so, Matt found out about this and was jealous so stopped paying James his wages and eventually the money ran out. The only reason James stuck with Matt for so long was as he was trying to recoup the massive amount of unpaid wages which he was promised he would get, and eventually this debt was converted into a 10% share of the worthless Mtakeover Ltd company.

Attachments

Jun 16, 2017
supposedly after being caught Matt blamed everything on James and the two are no longer speaking.
Well, no surprise there - Matt's a complete and utter *******, and simply reverted to type.

I always wondered why James stuck with him, as I thought when talking to him one to one about his experiences that he didn't seem completely enamoured with the relationship. He never slagged Matt off, but his attempts at edifying Matt did not come across as convincing.

It's now starting to make sense.

Jan 5, 2017
Supposedly Matt is moving to Marbella next week...

Unlike his previous "moves" to LA and it could be for real this time, good way to avoid the ****storm of debt and legal action he faces here.

Attachments

Jan 13, 2017
Attached is a screenshot, supposedly after being caught Matt blamed everything on James and the two are no longer speaking.

According to Lewis Flanagan, when MTA were doing well in 2016 James managed to save up £50,000 or so, Matt found out about this and was jealous so stopped paying James his wages and eventually the money ran out. The only reason James stuck with Matt for so long was as he was trying to recoup the massive amount of unpaid wages which he was promised he would get, and eventually this debt was converted into a 10% share of the worthless Mtakeover Ltd company.

Matt reminds of Jonah Hill's character in War Dogs. The way he sucked a friend in seemingly building a legit business but when things go south it turns out he couldn't give a **** about him.

Matt does also remind me of David Brent from The Office, but not in the funny way. His narcissistic characteristics and the way he thinks hes far cooler than he is yet people just know he's a fool.

But what poetic justice all this is, I'm very happy with the way things are going. Let's hope he does get the 3 years, I might even plan a visit to him in the nick. :clap: :cheesy: :LOL:

Jun 16, 2017
It looks like James Wardell is back on social media... Still no sign of Matt?!
Yeah, saw that - looks like a not-so-veiled hint a the recent goings-on.

Last I heard, Matt was making noises about doing webinars from Spain. I haven't heard anything else since, but I doubt he actually has enough people still prepared to follow him to hold any webinars - and I'm not sure if he's actually allowed to continue doing webinars that are related to trading...

Having had a couple of conversations with some of the brokers he also screwed out of commission, I also doubt there are any brokers out there who would take him on board now.