Metastock system tester

av1a

Does system tester and expert tools in Metastock really works in real trade markets?
Can you really trust the judgement of those tools?

:cheesy:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

av1a said:
Does system tester and expert tools in Metastock really works in real trade markets?
Can you really trust the judgement of those tools?

:cheesy:
Don't rely on it:
  • Some Expert Systems and Expert Advisors produce markedly different trades - see other threads in T2W.
  • Check how it is actually entering and existing a trade and see if this is achievable. Make sure you allow for slippage and commission/charges.
  • back-testing has its limitations, i.e. history may not repeat itself.
  • some systems will be much more profitable in periods of high volatility.
  • Expert systems may work for a time but eventually will cease working or will work less well. You should understand how they work before using them.

Good luck

gcb01 said:
Don't rely on it:
  • Some Expert Systems and Expert Advisors produce markedly different trades - see other threads in T2W.
  • Check how it is actually entering and existing a trade and see if this is achievable. Make sure you allow for slippage and commission/charges.
  • back-testing has its limitations, i.e. history may not repeat itself.
  • some systems will be much more profitable in periods of high volatility.
  • Expert systems may work for a time but eventually will cease working or will work less well. You should understand how they work before using them.

Good luck

Well said, I think quality of real-time data should be added to the list as a factor that affects the performance of these mechanical modules. Another factor is the reliability of connection. If you have a bad connection and you miss a few ticks or so, then you may get bad signals out of a system or miss some good signals.

Alexander