Maximum automated Stake for UK Share spread betting?

haz3

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone could draw light on what the maximum stake is for for automated trade on FTSE250 shares with the big spreabetting firms (CMC,cityindex...etc)?.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone could draw light on what the maximum stake is for for automated trade on FTSE250 shares with the big spreabetting firms (CMC,cityindex...etc)?.

Thanks a lot.

It depends on what kind of account you have. I think you can arrange with them to increase the limits. Generally it is about £100 a point i think. It will also depend on your style of trading- if you are a scalper don't expect to be able to trade without dealer referral after a while.

It depends on what kind of account you have. I think you can arrange with them to increase the limits. Generally it is about £100 a point i think. It will also depend on your style of trading- if you are a scalper don't expect to be able to trade without dealer referral after a while.

Thanks, are you saying that (don't expect to be able to trade without dealer referral after a while') through experience?

Uktradergirl might be right. But when I look at my account it says I have a Total Deposit Limit =£10,000.00. Whenever you open a trade you must cover it with a deposit so I guess I can open ANY size trade that doesn't exceed £10,000.00

Thanks, are you saying that (don't expect to be able to trade without dealer referral after a while') through experience?

No because i don't scalp often, and when i do scalp it is usually less than £15 a point.

But if you hunt around the forums you will see a lot of people here who have been put on dealer referral. The majority of these will be scalpers.

If you are trying to scalp in large quantities you really are better off using a different method to spreadbetting. It just takes longer than going direct yourself since the company will want to make sure they are covered every time before accepting your bet- especially if you are a consistent winner.

Regardless of the above, i'm sure if you are betting in large amounts any spreadbet company will do all they can to accomodate you- after all you will produce a lot of profit for them in spreads. If you are using considerable size see if you can have a meeting with them to discuss things- don't just throw thousands into this blind.

how the hell can u ''scalp'' wiv somone like CMC markets?

ay it might work a few times....but those guys are MARKET MAKERS....

dealer referal?...wtf...u cant '''professional''' scalp wiv a market maker and dealer refferal like that..

and sure come back sayin ''well i get my fills bah baha''....The mrket maker doesnt care if u get that fill ur still being R_a_p_e_d at the spreads

id suggest Direct market access..or a retail broker that is NOT a market maker but an Execution only broker...or an arcade...if u have nuf dollar that is