Market Winning Trade Set-Ups

ProFXTrader

EURAUD-6-1.png

Currency Pair: EUR/AUD
Closing Price: 1.4350
Entry Order: BUY stop @ 1.4386
Stop loss: 1,4335
Take profit: 1.4486

Analysis: This pair appears to have formed both a double-bottom and an inverted head-and-shoulders. Penetration above today's key reversal (and the neckline) should see prices go higher.

Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 06/02/2015

Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 06/02/2015

AUDNZD-6-2.png

Currency Pair: AUD/NZD
Closing Price: 1.0833
Entry Order: BUY stop @ 1.0843
Stop loss: 1.0797
Take profit: 1.0957

Analysis: This pair formed a double-bottom in mid-April. In recent weeks it has consolidated at current levels. Penetration above today's key reversal should see prices go higher.

Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 07/23/2015

AUDJPY-6-21.png

Currency Pair: AUD/JPY
Closing Price: 91.10
Entry Order: SELL stop @ 91.05
Stop loss: 91.35
Take profit: 89.97

Analysis: This pair formed a double-top bear pattern in May-Jun at the 97.00 price level. Following a massive capitulation to about 89.00, prices then rebounded back to about the 92.50 area, where another (interim ) double-top resistance area has formed. I suspect a break below current prices could see this pair go all the way back to the 89.00 support area.

Last edited:
Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 07/26/2015

NAS100-7-25.png

Trading Instrument: NAS100 (US NASDAQ stock market)
Closing Price: 4,570
Entry Order: SELL stop @ 4,551.00
Stop loss: 4,605.00
Take profit: 4,350.00

Analysis: This market is flashing VERY bearish technical indicators. While it is an admittedly early call, I believe we are tracing out the final stages of a Reverse Symmetrical Triangle. (Final confirmation of this pattern would only come as a result of a breach of the lower end of the reverse triangle at around the 4,300 price level). What I believe we are seeing is the end of the final upward "push" or "bear trap" in this market. After going sideways for the past six months, this market has recently broken out into new high territory. Rather than a reason for euphoria, I believe this new high is just a bear trap, and what could be the beginning of a large and precipitous decline in this important technology-based market index.

Technical analysis definition: An Expanding or Reverse Symmetrical Triangle, is also known as a broadening top, an expanding triangle or a megaphone top. The reverse symmetrical triangle is a bearish indicator, and the technical implications are usually extreme.

If I am correct in my analysis, the potential decline we could be looking at, can be measured from the bottom of the reverse triangle to the top - in this case it measures almost exactly 400 points. A bearish break-out would occur at the bottom of the reverse triangle, at or near, the 4,300.00 price level. So a 400 point decline from the break-out point projects to a targeted price level of about 3,900.00.

Long-term, buy-and-hold investors take heed. Ignoring these (impending) technical signs, could be dangerous to your portfolio health.

Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 07/28/2015

EURJPY-7-28.png

Currency Pair: EURJPY
Closing Price: 136.75
Entry Order: BUY stop @ 136.98
Stop loss: 136.60
Take profit: 138.09

Analysis: Since forming a double-bottom in the Mar-Apr timeframe, this pair has been moving higher (see ascending trend-line). I feel a break-above today's inside day bar should propel prices higher. I think there is a good risk:reward on this trade. (There is a Fed announcement tomorrow, so proceed with caution).

Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 08/09/2015

EURUSD-8-9.png

Currency Pair: EURUSD
Closing Price: 1.0962
Entry Order: BUY stop @ 1.0980
Stop loss: 109.32
Take profit: 1.1109

Analysis: It is widely anticipated that the US Federal Reserve will start to raise interest rates beginning next month (Sep). Based on a normal knee-jerk reaction, the US dollar should rise on these expectations. However, given the technical picture I am looking at, the US dollar is flashing some very bearish signals (and bullish signals for USD cross-pairs) - that is why following price action trading (vs fundamental analysis), is so important and valuable. For some months I have been saying that I am confident the double-bottom formed in the EURUSD in the Mar-Apr timeframe, at or near the 1.0500 price level, will hold, and that we should see prices begin to rise in this pair following the summer malaise. On Friday we had another key reversal at an important support level (between 1.0800 and 1.0900). Should we go above Friday's high price, I believe we will see good-follow-through to higher levels.

Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 08/14/2015

EURGBP-8-14.png

Currency Pair: EURGBP
Closing Price: 0.7145
Entry Order: BUY stop @ 0.7157
Stop loss: 0.7118
Take profit: 0.7287

Analysis: This pair formed a double-bottom price pattern in the July-Aug time-frame. Today prices pulled back from the overhead resistance neckline, forming an inside-day bar. Should prices push above today's inside bar, and above the neckline, we could see (much) higher prices to come.

Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 08/16/2015

EURUSD-8-16.png

Currency Pair: EURUSD
Closing Price: 1.1107
Entry Order: SELL stop @ 1.1098
Stop loss: 1.1140
Take profit: 1.0911

Analysis: For the past several months I have been recommending buying the EURUSD on pull-backs. Those recommendations were guided based on my analysis of the double-bottom that was formed in this currency pair in the Mar-Apr timeframe. Based on last week's disappointing price action, whereby prices failed to advance in both Thursday and Friday's trading sessions (see the inside-day bars), I am starting to shift my bullish trading bias. I am now starting to believe that the "Double-top" formed in Apr-Jun will be the guiding price pattern going forward. Should prices fail to advance from current levels, it will also confirm the potential descending wedge (bear) pattern. (Final confirmation of the descending wedge pattern would be at the 1.0800 price level). Admittedly, last week I was buffeted between the opposing price patterns (double-bottom and double-top) that are currently in play in the EURUSD. As this pair has been in a sustained and long-term downtrend, I am of the (growing) opinion that the double-top price pattern will prevail, and the next (major) move will be a continuation to the downside.

Market Winning Trade Set-Ups for 08/26/2015

NAS1002-8-26.png

Pair: NAS100
Closing Price: 4215.00
Entry Order: BUY stop @ 4233.00
Stop loss: 4150.00
Take profit: 4385.00

Analysis: On July 26, based on my analysis of a negative price action "reverse wedge triangle", I posted a Special Video Report entitled, "Ominous Technical Warning Signs in the Stock Market". At the time, I recommended a SHORT trade in the NAS100 at 4556. Also in my report, I said if the NAS100 Index were to fall to the 4300 level, the next likely target would be the 3,900 price level. Two days ago the NAS100 hit that number basically on the nose (3902). The good news (for long stock market) investors is that downward breakouts of the "reverse wedge triangle" price pattern has a large failure rate. Therefore my expectation, following this week's large sell-off, is for the NAS100 to rebound on the buy-side. )Final confirmation of a "busted" price pattern of the "reverse wedge triangle" won't come until penetration of the horizontal line at about the 4325 level. However, based on today's massive key reversal price action, I am looking to get a jump on the (potential) market rebound.

Is GBPJPY Ready To Crater?

GBPJPY-MW-8-31.png

Currency Pair: GBPJPY
Closing Price: 185.88
Entry Order: SELL stop @ 185.84
Stop loss: 186.27
Take profit: 184.27

Analysis: Last week this pair broke down dramatically from a double-top price pattern. After a brief consolidation at current levels this pair finished at the low of the day on a key reversal price action. This pair looks hobbled, and penetration below the last session low price could be the catalyst for (much) lower prices to come.

Is the EURAUD About to Turn Into A Gusher?

EURAUD-9-2.png

Currency Pair: EUR/AUD
Closing Price: 1.5947
Entry Order: SELL stop @ 1.5933
Stop loss: 1.5987
Take profit: 1.5487

Analysis: In our Weekly Video Report last weekend I explained why I thought the past few months strength in the Euro was likely to give way to the major downtrend in play in this currency. Based on today's price action in the EURAUD Key reversal/double-top), I think it is likely we will see further weakness in this pair. If the low price in today's EURAUD session is penetrated, we could see a gusher to the downside in this pair.