Looking for books/ sites about automated trading systems...

NetTecture

...preferably the non-statistical type (i.e. not heavily based on indicators).

Please note that while I would gladly read some preferably working trading systems, I am mostly looking for input for my own developments. So, if someone knows a system or site or book that has, for example, an unusual exit strategy etc., I would like to read about it.

Complete, proven working trading system descriptions are welcome, too, but I am really looking for ideas here for my own mechanical trading. Seeing whether I stumble over some new ideas.

How about an automatic trading system that shorts nasdaq stocks that have higher opening gap (above 1%) with volume below 30k and buy nasdaq stocks with higher opening gaps (above 1%) with volume above 500k.

?

You sort out realistic stop losses and target is fill of the gap (or days close in the case of longs)

I don't know if thats possible at all - i just think a robot that did that would be welcome to my computer.

I don't know if its possible.

You know, that sounds like an interesting situation ;) I atually am uploading quite a historical database of prices the next days (stupid thing, my database server in a hosting center, my uplink 512kbit only). I always heard the "gaps tend to be closed" rule. Could be interesting to check that general fact (DO they get closed statistically dsignificant, or is it hearsay).

It sounds definitely like a funny (as in: unusual - not as in stupid) idea that is relly worth checking out ;) I am following some trader ideas, and you are not the only one using / playing with some sort of "open range breakout" trigger ;)

"Trading Systems That Work" Thomas Stridsman
"Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies" Robert Pardo
"The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies" Katz & McCormick
"New Trading Systems and Methods" Kaufman

for intraday try this idea:
After 1/3 of total market hours passed ,screen for stocks that are
a)Trading near days high .say Ltp >= (Days high-0.25% of Days high)
b)Haven't gone much below opening price.say Days Low >= (open -0.25% of open)

Out of above screened stocks go long for ones which have steady upwards slope , not much zigzag in intraday chart of that day.

Vice versa for going short.
works comparatively better for large cap stocks with high volumes.
Backtest for the markets you trade.
good luck.

...preferably the non-statistical type (i.e. not heavily based on indicators).

Please note that while I would gladly read some preferably working trading systems, I am mostly looking for input for my own developments. So, if someone knows a system or site or book that has, for example, an unusual exit strategy etc., I would like to read about it.

Complete, proven working trading system descriptions are welcome, too, but I am really looking for ideas here for my own mechanical trading. Seeing whether I stumble over some new ideas.

Hi Nectecture, check this :
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/software/14298-automatic-pattern-search.html
and this:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/sof...es-based-custom-risk-reward-risk-capital.html
Hope this answers your questions.

Eduardo.:)

"Trading Systems That Work" Thomas Stridsman
"Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies" Robert Pardo
"The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies" Katz & McCormick
"New Trading Systems and Methods" Kaufman

Did you try any of these?

Anybody recommending any of them?