Looking for Brokers that Offer 1 Cent Per Point

Thomas-M

Hi

Does anyone know of a broker that offers a minimum of 1 cent per point on indices?

I have one broker, but I would like to have a few as backup. Usually when a broker offers 0.01 it actually makes or loses 10 cent per point.

I’m not very concerned about the leverage, in fact I feel safer getting a low amount, but high is fine too. I’m based in Europe (Ireland).

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know of a broker that offers a minimum of 1 cent per point on indices?

I have one broker, but I would like to have a few as backup. Usually when a broker offers 0.01 it actually makes or loses 10 cent per point.

I’m not very concerned about the leverage, in fact I feel safer getting a low amount, but high is fine too. I’m based in Europe (Ireland).

Thanks
Do you consider brokers which offer CFD on indices? As far as I know trading conditions are quite flexible including fractional and so called "nano" lots.

Do you consider brokers which offer CFD on indices? As far as I know trading conditions are quite flexible including fractional and so called "nano" lots.

I believe CFD’s are what I am trading right now. I’m using trading212, they have a platform for CFD’s on the Dow and Dax etc... and I think you can also do CFD’s on shares (but I don’t do that). They also have a platform for buying actual shares.
The best thing about them is you can move money between accounts. I’d love to find another broker that has everything mentioned above. It would be an even better bonus if it were 1 cent per point. Most brokers are 10 cent at the lowest. But 10 cent will do.
Do you know of anything like that?

thanks

Hi

Thanks
So you want to trade a $34 position in the S&P ?

I don’t trade the S&P, but I guess it would be around that. It works out at about 10.30 euro per position on the Dow.
dow is around 27,778 so it would be about a 233 euro size minimum

edit: sorry i thought you meant American cents

Last edited:
dow is around 27,778 so it would be about a 233 euro size minimum
I’ve just started using a broker called CMC. They offer 10 cent per point positions. One of those costs 139 euro. But on trading212 the minimum size is 1 cent per point. Those are the ones that are about 10.40. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to see the exact price of trading212 ones though. It must be higher now that you mention the height of the Dow. But it’s definitely not 13.90 (which would make more sense). There must be a leverage difference

I’ve just started using a broker called CMC. They offer 10 cent per point positions. One of those costs 139 euro. But on trading212 the minimum size is 1 cent per point. Those are the ones that are about 10.40. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to see the exact price of trading212 ones though. It must be higher now that you mention the height of the Dow. But it’s definitely not 13.90 (which would make more sense). There must be a leverage difference

i thought you meant American cents, so i was converting to Euro, ignore that then...

i don't know where you are getting 10.40 or 139 or 13.90 from ?

1 cent pp means the position size is the Dow divided by 100
10 cent pp means the position size is the Dow divided by 10

i thought you meant American cents, so i was converting to Euro, ignore that then...

i don't know where you are getting 10.40 or 139 or 13.90 from ?

1 cent pp means the position size is the Dow divided by 100
10 cent pp means the position size is the Dow divided by 10
I simply mean if the Dow moves by 1 point, such as 27770 up to 27771, then you will either gain or lose 1 cent from that move. And it costs about 10.40 to place that trade on 212. And on CMC it costs 139 euro to place a trade with a 10 cent per point gain or loss.

I simply mean if the Dow moves by 1 point, such as 27770 up to 27771, then you will either gain or lose 1 cent from that move. And it costs about 10.40 to place that trade on 212. And on CMC it costs 139 euro to place a trade with a 10 cent per point gain or loss.
Ohh I see, you are talking about MARGIN requirement... its not a cost as such, its collateral