London Grad Seeks help

skippy upwood

I live in London, I've got a BA from a good university a MSc and, by June, a PhD from a top university - Economic History. I've done two internships at top investment banks. However, I didn't plan on finishing my PhD this year so I missed the milkround and I'm scrambling for a job in the markets. I haven't got a big enough capital base to trade for myself (though I trade my own account), I don't want to get involved in anything unethical/illegal and I need a job with a reasonably reputable firm that will provide me with a graduate salary and good prospects from day one.

Does anyone know the names of any:

a) Reputable prop firms that are located in London.
b) Reputable broker dealers that are likely to hire grads.
c) Any good recruitment agencies that offer front office graduate City jobs (all the agencies seem to only be interested in experienced hires or only office back office jobs).

Any advice would be welcome.

Bad news - in case youhaven't noticed the banks are doing badly and are hence firing as opposed to hiring!

By far the best bet for someone of your background is to try and weasal a role in a headge fund. This will be both more interesting & less likely to end in rubbish pay for 2008...

PM me if you want more advice/specifics

Does anyone know where I can find a list of London based stock/commodities brokers? (I'm talking legit places not boiler houses). Ditto hedge funds.

I live in London, I've got a BA from a good university a MSc and, by June, a PhD from a top university - Economic History. I've done two internships at top investment banks. However, I didn't plan on finishing my PhD this year so I missed the milkround and I'm scrambling for a job in the markets. I haven't got a big enough capital base to trade for myself (though I trade my own account), I don't want to get involved in anything unethical/illegal and I need a job with a reasonably reputable firm that will provide me with a graduate salary and good prospects from day one.

Does anyone know the names of any:

a) Reputable prop firms that are located in London.
b) Reputable broker dealers that are likely to hire grads.
c) Any good recruitment agencies that offer front office graduate City jobs (all the agencies seem to only be interested in experienced hires or only office back office jobs).

Any advice would be welcome.

Try eFinancialCareers.com and enter London UK and select your area of interest.