lexis Tsipras has announced he is resigning and has called an early election

Izzy Fuente

Impact & Intent?

On the euro currency? Nothing. Intent? Yet another referendum and request for support from the people - like it matters on the global stage. Sign of a weak government. That it is, and has no impact on the markets, suggest either it was all factored in or it makes little difference. Any other EZ PM resigning and calling an election would be 'news'. Have i got this right or am I missing something?

Impact & Intent?

On the euro currency? Nothing. Intent? Yet another referendum and request for support from the people - like it matters on the global stage. Sign of a weak government. That it is, and has no impact on the markets, suggest either it was all factored in or it makes little difference. Any other EZ PM resigning and calling an election would be 'news'. Have i got this right or am I missing something?

Greece is a basket case and has been for years.....the only reason they are still in the Euro is a face saving exercise for the other partners. All politics in Greece is pretty much irrelevant.

The euro was never going to work (without political union)? And Greece never really qualified in the first place?