Level II Screen

m_grindy

How come Interactive Brokers doesn't have a proper Level II screen (like the one attached)? What software is best to view a Level II screen, or is it unecessary as long as you have DMA?

Thanks

Attachments

• level II screen.jpg
    level II screen.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 2,937
RTS (Real Time Systems) RTD platform gives a proper L2 screen that you can click trade orders in to. It will be a bit cheaper than TT as well - though TT are the industry standard for Futures (I think they have 50-60% of the market share :eek: ).

RTS Realtime Systems Group

Magos,

TT is not directly available to the private investor. It can only be accessed via an FCM's/clearers server. If you have a relationship with either, then they'll give you a demo (the demo needs a password and username supplied by TT).

Grant.

I am sure there are prop companies in london which are willing to act intermediate in this deals
Try Marex, Schneiders and Futex

Magos,

TT is not directly available to the private investor. It can only be accessed via an FCM's/clearers server. If you have a relationship with either, then they'll give you a demo (the demo needs a password and username supplied by TT).

Grant.

Available via GNI Touch...not sure at what cost though.

Magos,

You're correct. Here's a pretty extensive list. I'd be surprised if any don't offer TT. For the basic (X-Trader), cost can range from c £500 to c £900 (some add vat, some don't):

Trading Arcade Index - Traderpedia

Jaydee,

A couple of US brokers don't charge for TT but you pay higher commissions. It's a question of volume I suppose.

Grant.

hello, I see you are talking about level 2 quotes. are they available for free anywhere? i am not able to find such. can you help me.

The Exchanges charge for real-time data and, therefore, brokers pass this charge onto their customers. However, a lot of firms now allow you to have the data for free if you do x number of trades in a month or quarter - they charge you and then reimburse you if you reach the threshold.