Article Knowing Where to Tap

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,498 115
Over the years, traders have pointedly asked why they should spend so much money for Neuro-Linguistic (NLP) counseling to solve their trading problems.  A fair number of these traders have gone through traditional therapy, taking months or years, of weekly and bi-weekly sessions that are relatively inexpensive per session.  If these same traders have not achieved the results they wanted through such an extended therapy, how can I justify asking for a major financial commitment for two days of work?  An excellent question, I will begin my answer by telling one of my favorite stories:

A ship breaks down just before getting ready to take off on a long trip. The engineers try all of their usual tricks to get it started, but nothing works.  Just then, a clever but naive young engineer decides to look in the yellow pages. He remembers a TV commercial that said that you could find anything there.  Low and behold, he finds an ad for a man who claims that he can fix any ship. The young...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Crap Buddist

2,458 289
" I started studying psychology while going through a difficult divorce. My husband was suffering from the psychological effects of serving in the Vietnam War. Feeling helpless and vulnerable, I decided that I needed to understand the workings of the mind. I wanted to understand how a normal human could instantly change into a troubled person by experiencing one or more horrifying moments. If a person could change in a negative way so quickly, I was convinced that he could change quickly in a positive way, as well. "

where to start with this?

Im holding my mouth shut for a while (undetermined) im trying to work out if shes actually joking. but.... suggestively

I think it may be more horrifying if "a person" wasnt actually greatly deeply affected by this.

discuss.......

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,953 1,260
Troy McClure. And, yes, it is very U.S.

And a shame, because the origins of NLP -- Rational Analysis, Reality Therapy, Transactional Analysis -- do have something to offer. But none of them are quick fixes.

rcanfiel

13 0
Fluff article that reads like an intro to the writer's services. Few traders ever make serious money playing with "NLP"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock