Jeff Quinto - EFT mentoring program..Reviews??

Ask him for a copy of his account statements to prove he is profitable, if you get some lame excuse then you'll know he's a scammer like 99.9% of the rest of the so called coaches. Only if he can prove he is profitable should you even bother to think about paying him for anything.

Ask him for a copy of his account statements to prove he is profitable, if you get some lame excuse then you'll know he's a scammer like 99.9% of the rest of the so called coaches. Only if he can prove he is profitable should you even bother to think about paying him for anything.
You can be pretty confident that he's not a scammer as his videos appear in the education section of the official CME Group website. Also, if you read his bio', his credentials are right up there with the very best of 'em. CME Market Education Speakers. That said, whether or not his course is worth the fees he charges and, more importantly, whether or not the OP's trading will improve as a result - is another matter entirely!
;)
Tim.

Agreed !! While I had previously never heard of Jeff Quinto I did listen to his presentatation on Mirus Futures. Nothing practical was really said. The only message that I got from the presentation was that if you take my metorship program everything will be alright.

Only previous account statements proving profitability and the risks"drawdown" should be used to determine if you want to go this route. Also in my judgement testimonials are useless,,think planted schills.

Thank you for your inputs. As you said, one side his credentials appear good but on other side I can't find any testimonials of coaching except on his website. I feel reviews/comments on this forum would be more reliable.

I agree end of the day whether my trading improves depends on me but it would be bit more assuring to see if his coaching improved others (or) if he has any live trading I can see. May be I should ask if he has trading results of any of his recent students who went through the coaching.

Again, thanks for your inputs.

Thank you for your inputs. As you said, one side his credentials appear good but on other side I can't find any testimonials of coaching except on his website. I feel reviews/comments on this forum would be more reliable.

I agree end of the day whether my trading improves depends on me but it would be bit more assuring to see if his coaching improved others (or) if he has any live trading I can see. May be I should ask if he has trading results of any of his recent students who went through the coaching.

Again, thanks for your inputs.

I am head trader for a hedge fund and have been using Jeff Quinto's coaching for over 3 years. He saved my career once when I got into a hole and I intend to continue using his service. Its certainly not cheap, but you get what you pay for in this business and 99% of the people who offer such services aren't worth paying a single cent for. Take him seriously is my advice.

I am head trader for a hedge fund and have been using Jeff Quinto's coaching for over 3 years. He saved my career once when I got into a hole and I intend to continue using his service. Its certainly not cheap, but you get what you pay for in this business and 99% of the people who offer such services aren't worth paying a single cent for. Take him seriously is my advice.

I am currently a mentoring student of Jeff Quinto. After having spent the past 2 years going it alone, I am thankful to Jeff for putting me back on the right track. I have seen a great deal of improvement in my trading and discipline just in the past 2 months. For the first time I am excited about my prospects and looking forward to my future success. The cost of the program is definitely worth it! I had to interview and qualify to get into the program, so I consider it a privilege that I was accepted.

My opinion may not count for much because I have never paid for any course. But I figured that if I would ever make it long term as a trader then I needed to break away from the crowd and be better than the average trader. Maybe a course could have taught me how to do that, because it took me several years of reading and practice on my own, but now I have reached my goal, so I say if a course works for you then great, but a course is not the magic pill. Anyway you slice it then trading takes hard work and discipline to succeed.

All,
Thank you for your inputs. I went ahead and joined Jeff Quinto's Coaching program couple of months back. I am really glad I joined the program. I see significant change in my trading performance and mindset in last two months.

For any readers looking for a trading mentor - you probably should checkout Jeff Quinto's mentoring program. As another poster mentioned, he does screen and accept only students he feel can help. I never took any other mentoring programs or talked with other coaches. So I cannot compare with other programs available on net. All I can I say is I am happy I joined and my opinion reflects more or less what the testimonials say on his website. (Side note: This whole thread started because I wasn't sure initially about testimonials :)

Regards.

Before you lump Jeff Quinto into your negative group of 99.9% scammers. Please allow me to say that I have been working with Mr. Quinto for some time now. Prior to meeting Jeff my trading was ineffective @ best. Others may find trading natural & easy allowing for time to post & chat about it online. I find it extremely difficult & like a professional athlete I
need a professional coach.
It may seem a little thin skinned but I am very proud be able to work with Jeff & for that matter so must the CME.
http://www.cmegroup.com/education/getting-started.html

Since meeting with Jeff I have gone from zero to hero & have been put on track to consistently succeed as a Futures trading professional.

I dont know anything about him or his training course so this is not to be seen as an attack on him or his training,but I wish to make some comments.
Most of the people praising him seem to be new posters.Havent we seen that before?
As for the screening process I have something to say.Having worked in sales for many years,I can safely say imho opinion that this process has one purpose. It is called a reverse close process. it works exactly as has been described,you go through a selection process of which is solely designed to make you think you have been specialy selected,but in reality most are accepted on to the training process. Its a beatifull sales process which I personaly made a lot of money from.
As for his credentials, they may look good,but that does not mean a lot unless it comes from a proven trading background. There are many so called mentors and tv celebs who cannot trade. over the years I have watched one so called TV guru change his trading programme and who he recommends many times and he has even printed a very exspensive book. Yet he is still considered to be an expert. From what i can tell time and money would be better spent leaqrning one of the methods on here or Forex Factory.

I received a private message about Jeff Quinto coaching. Thought it would help others as well.

Given the number of gurus and coaches on the net, having healthy skepticism as mentioned by other posters is good. Also it is not just about coach but also whether your style of learning is compatible with system being used and method of coaching.

I believe Jeff Quinto coaching works for 2 reasons - (a) My own results and (b) His knowledge and the way he coaches. In his coaching, you don't learn any earth shattering new stuff but what he does is change your mindset and then coaches you to build on top of it to become good trader. You start to see same concepts freely available in very much different light. I cannot emphasize how much difference this makes.

My personal opinion - one cannot learn trading in 1 day/1 week/1 month / 2 months like many coaching programs make you believe unless you are a profitable trader already and trying to improve the game.

So ask yourself a simple question - will the following work for you?
Say for next 6 months you have a trader with 37 years experience who will hold you accountable to execute a trend following method (you can put any freely available method here) with discipline day in day out, makes you create a trade diary entry daily, reviews those trades daily and discusses in 1-on-1 what you are doing right and wrong. Coaches you along the way on technique, mindset and motivation. Motivation part is important because you will have good, down and frustration days :)

Some people learn by watching the coach trade live and in a group setting. If that is your preference then probably find a mentor with that style.

Don't sign up if you don't believe Jeff Quinto coaching can help. I think it is very important to have confidence and ability to stick to what your coach/mentor says till you are consistently profitable. You cannot do that without faith and confidence in your mentor. So choose mentor wisely.

I hope the above review helps in your search for good mentor.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I am currently a mentoring student of Jeff Quinto. After having spent the past 2 years going it alone, I am thankful to Jeff for putting me back on the right track. I have seen a great deal of improvement in my trading and discipline just in the past 2 months. For the first time I am excited about my prospects and looking forward to my future success. The cost of the program is definitely worth it! I had to interview and qualify to get into the program, so I consider it a privilege that I was accepted.

Hello0 Yan Can,

I too, like many of the posters here are wondering about Jeff. I must say that first off, I have seen only one person actually post their live statements online, and yes that would make us all feel a lot better. So if no one is doing it does that mean 100% of the trading coaches are frauds or deceptive at best? Id say 85% of them are. But that still leave s a loooot of good people to learn from. Now what Ijm wondering is Jeff has some free videos which he fives some really good advice to get a losing trader back on the right track. Even shows a few simple entry systems. But.....what would he do for an experienced trader like me or a losing trader whose mindset is not geared to trading Jeffs type of system is an unknown. So could you please share with us what trading habits Jeff would develop in us that would make him worth 6 grand?

As an aside, I have stayed away from futures until recently because the 1 penny spread on a $50 stock for me to trade is unnoticable even over time. But if you look at that 1/8th point spread you give away every time you get in and out of the e-mini, pecentage wise, isnt that going to cripple you over the cost of a year? Even Jeff said in his free video that you can expect to do only 2/3 as well in live trading as you will in sim. And thats because you are giving the MM or somebody 33% of your profit every month. Now over a year, and then over years, i would think that trading more than 4-5 trades a day would be counterproductive. In fact, trading on 10 or 15 min bars, you could often hold one trade half the day or even till market close and not get sliced up with spreads as so many Forex and Futures scalpers do. So, Jeff said more than 10 trades per day is too much in his free video, but what time frame is he trasding that would make even that many ok? I do like the fact that he prefers tick charts over time which I would try to use when I make my transition from individual stocks to Forex and futures. I shudder when I think of people trying to scalp the spot Forex market and give away 3 pips on each transaction. Do ten forex trades a day and you need 30 pips of profit to just break even. THERE ARE NO PROFITABLE SCALPING FOREX TRADERS IN THE SPOT MARKET!

Anyway, I would appreciate your thoughts and how you are doing and mostly..........how much money per contract in the s&p or NQ futures could one expect to pull out of tye markets per month with Jeff's teachings?

thanks for sharing.

Marc

Hey Marc,

The thing to remember about Jeff's program is it is designed around the individual - not some force fit of a system on you. He takes the knowledge and skills each trader has and (if the strategy is credible) refines those with you to improve performance. Only if your strategy stinks or you are a newbie does he give you his own strategy to work with, which you can then choose with him where to apply it, i.e. which timeframe, markets etc.

Jeff dug me out of hole some years ago and I thrive today. He trades off tick charts, I trade off dailys (and 5min), so complete opposites. So dont think he is just trying to recreate new Jeff's or ram a system down your throat - we all know that doesnt work, inc Jeff! Which is why he plays to each individuals strengths.

Hope that clarifies

Kerv

Hi Marc,
As for me, I don't trade same setups, timeframes and market that I used to do before. They evolved overtime as my theory about how market works evolved. IMO that is the point of the program.

I don't think other people returns/cost can predict the benefit you will derive from the program. If you are experienced trader, then decide crisply what type of help you need to improve your trading. Craft questions from that and evaluate programs based on these questions.

Join only if you feel confident in the program, mentor and believe cost is worth it. Otherwise you will start 2nd guessing everything when going gets tough and set yourself up for frustration and failure.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Re:Forex factory and T2W is enough...

I dont know anything about him or his training course so this is not to be seen as an attack on him or his training,but I wish to make some comments.
Most of the people praising him seem to be new posters.Havent we seen that before?
As for the screening process I have something to say.Having worked in sales for many years,I can safely say imho opinion that this process has one purpose. It is called a reverse close process. it works exactly as has been described,you go through a selection process of which is solely designed to make you think you have been specialy selected,but in reality most are accepted on to the training process. Its a beatifull sales process which I personaly made a lot of money from.
As for his credentials, they may look good,but that does not mean a lot unless it comes from a proven trading background. There are many so called mentors and tv celebs who cannot trade. over the years I have watched one so called TV guru change his trading programme and who he recommends many times and he has even printed a very exspensive book. Yet he is still considered to be an expert. From what i can tell time and money would be better spent leaqrning one of the methods on here or Forex Factory.

I agree. Between Forex factory and here you can get enough info to last you a lifetime without paying for anything.