Issues with oanda / they r not responding

bakula

Hi
Has anyone had "issues" with oanda and found that they do not give timescale for resolution? I just don't know what else I can do, please help!

I took a short/sell trade on cable on the 6th of jan 09. The trade was in my favour and I had moved my stop loss by locking few pips in profit. All of a sudden the trade moved the opp way by creating a huge spike.
This "spike" took my stop loss with it and stopped me out just above the spike! The price does not even apppear to have reached there.
This has created 40 pip slippage and left me at a loss.
My lot size was not huge but $40 per pip is big for me.
I am very concerned that my stop loss was not honoured and 40 pip slippage i find unacceptable.
I carried on trading on smaller size whilst they were looking into this and again, another 15 pip slippage happended.
I have put 2 queiries to them and wrote on their blog where there is support.
But I am just told that "we r looking into it" no other response.
I have now stopped trading with them and dont know what else to do, help appreciated pls.
Oh! There was NO MAJOR news or announcements on these times.
Thanks in advance...

Hi
Just to let all know:
Oanda have responded to my query today.
The 40 pip slippage was an incorrect data feed and due to this the slippage occured. This was a response from their tech team. They have fully refunded me for this particular trade.

My concern remains for the second trade, actually I had said that it was 15 pip slippage, I apologise, I did not have 15 pip slippage..it was 9 pips.
They say that this second trade was excecuted correctly and just because I continually move the stop loss , this does not guarantee profit as prices are never guaranteed at Oanda.

So, whilst I am grateful that the large sum has been fully refunded to me, I remain a little disgruntled that I cannot trade by "locking in" profit..

So, my question to anyone that can help is this:
How can i trade with confidence that I am safe by locking in profit and stay in that trade?
Thanks in advance..

Hi Chilltrader
I am grateful that the figure was refunded.....I am now asking about stop loss...how can one trade and what is best exit method? I usually just keep moving my stop into profit but that is no guarantee to secure the profit..

There are basically no guarantees. Yes, most of the time your stop will be filled at your level. It's a market, order, though. That means if the market is moving quickly when it's triggered, you'll get the price available. You really don't have a better order option. If you were to attempt to use a limit order you'd risk not getting filled at all.