Intra-day trade or keep for 1-3 days?

lionfly

I found it is quite difficult to get more than average 20 points/day profit from FTSE by intra-day trades. What is your performance/day on average roughly?

However, with hindsight, it seems to me that if i am confident enough to leave the position overnight, for 1-2 nights, normally 3 days will be in a consistent trend, and with the bigger movement from Dow Jones, the profit should be much higher, more than 50 points/day.

But the problem is how can you be confident, and not afraid of the loss when hitting stop-loss (possibly constantly if you leave them overnights when judgement is wrong).

Do you guys leave bets on FTSE or Dow overnights? to risk the stop-loss for a possible bigger gain?

if you leave overnight the spreads are wider and therefore more of a probability to trigger your stop loss, especially if you have a cunning broker and spikes you out intentionally.

scalping is easy my friend, I do 10-20 points all the time...........

can I just take back the word "easy" in the last post, I wasn't thinking straight............

scalping/day trading is nowhere near easy................I am learning in a daily basis!