Index ETFs

madmentrade

Anyone else beside me prefer the index ETFs versus normal stocks?

I find less volatility, better spread and less anxiety......

Agreed? Thoughts?

:whistling

It all depends on what you want. The (generally) higher volatility of individual stocks can lead to greater opportunities (as well as risks).

Agreed? Thoughts?

Have never traded ETF's before but have been looking at them for a little time. I think they look good for longer term trades and i may try a trade or two soon. Where do you trade them for good spreads?

Well..thats pretty open question mate..
When i think ETF`s i think FAZ, SDS
FAZ is a Triple leveraged ultra short on the finnancils..belive me .. nothing can be more nerve wrecking then trading the FAZ
The SDS is a Reverse Double for The S&P..

What kind of ETF do you trade?

Agreed? Thoughts?

Yep I do. Especially for LongTerm strategies, MidTerm strategies, and Options strategies.

Well..thats pretty open question mate..
When i think ETF`s i think FAZ, SDS
FAZ is a Triple leveraged ultra short on the finnancils..belive me .. nothing can be more nerve wrecking then trading the FAZ
The SDS is a Reverse Double for The S&P..

What kind of ETF do you trade?

Is the FAZ quicker than the SKF?

Given how often these days gold is touted as the ultimate “safe haven,” it’s not surprising that investors might feel less safe if they knew that the NYSE-Liffe futures exchanges seems to have run out of 1 kilogram gold bars. Futures contracts at NYSE are now backed by the promise of a one-third interest in a 100-ounce gold bar (about 3kgs). Not to worry, however, if you own three of these promises, you can take physical possession of 100 oz refined gold bar.

Market Data on Mining, Oil and Gas

I like daytrading index ETFs (DDM, DOG, SDS, SSO, TWM, UWM, QID, QQQQ), because I've found that unless a stock has it's own news going on it's going to mostly follow the overall market. I also like to daytrade the USO, XLF, and XHB ETFs.

Nice, but I don't like the flat bars on the 5 minute chart for ROM. Flat bars turn me away from alot of ETFs.

EDIT: ROM also doesn't have the volume I need to trade it

Now that the gold ETF “GLD” is now the sixth-largest holder of gold bullion in the world, it is too big? Could a big sell-off cut the price of gold in half just like that? “I am not sure why a concentration of gold is one place would in and of itself influence the price significantly either up or down – subject to the caveat that the existence of GLD and the ease of trading in its NYSE listed shares do expose indirect ownership in physical gold to more small investors.”

Market Data and Economic Research

Gold is kind of a hard play (for me) right now, looking at the XAU/USD it's kind of choppy. Got support at about $867, and resistance at about $900. I'd wait for it to break one of those levels before I made an entry, and I would lean toward the long side because of expected inflation in the dollar.

Chart (click to enlarge):