Identity Politics & Woke Culture

timsk

Legendary member
A number of threads in The Foyer touch on these hot potatoes but, in post Brexit Britain, I think they will move to centre stage and, as such, warrant having a bespoke thread of their own. Can't think of a better way to kick it off than with this really interesting and revealing interview - albeit rather sad and depressing - with Harry Miller. He's my new #1 hero of the hour - a class bloke. Enjoy . . .

The Ex-Prince of Woke.
I assume the whole thing is a prank: imagine the media frenzy that would occur if this was a genuine call! That said, I suspect it's an accurate summary of Harry's views on the topic.
:ROFLMAO:

I assume the whole thing is a prank: imagine the media frenzy that would occur if this was a genuine call! That said, I suspect it's an accurate summary of Harry's views on the topic.
:ROFLMAO:

It was a genuine prank call, and Harry fell for it, what a dumb ass!

It was a genuine prank call, and Harry fell for it, what a dumb ass!
Sig' - do you know for certain that it's Harry speaking? If so, how? My guess is that the entire thing is a prank - or fake news if you will. If it's genuinely Harry who's fallen for a prank call - the media would be all over it like a rash. That they aren't suggests to me that 'Harry' is as fake as Greta's dad.
Tim.

Sig' - do you know for certain that it's Harry speaking? If so, how? My guess is that the entire thing is a prank - or fake news if you will. If it's genuinely Harry who's fallen for a prank call - the media would be all over it like a rash. That they aren't suggests to me that 'Harry' is as fake as Greta's dad.
Tim.

It is over quite alot of the MSM (if not the BBC), surely if it was fake then some official spokesperson, royal or not, would have debunked it by now, even a statement from the man himself would suffice, but what do we hear.....[tumbleweed].

Admission by silence, therefore looks genuine to me until it's officially debunked.

Old Starkey, doing what Starkey does best.
The two interviewers(??) seem a bit sycophantic, but Starkers explores where Woke culture comes from, and its manifestations.
As an aside, I think Camille Paglia has similar ideas towards how civilisation rises, and the indicators of an impending fall.

Five minutes of pure genius from Jonathan Pie in which he sums up perfectly where woke 'culture' has brought us and the mess we're all in. Enjoy . . .

Five minutes of pure genius from Jonathan Pie in which he sums up perfectly where woke 'culture' has brought us and the mess we're all in. Enjoy . . .

I got that in my list of possibles this morning. You beat me to the upload.
He is very good!

I got that in my list of possibles this morning. You beat me to the upload.
He is very good!
As someone has noted in the comments section - he's rather lost his mojo of late - but he's certainly back on top form with this offering. It's a perfect summation of of where we're at and what's gone so very, very wrong with identity politics and woke culture. Time this nonsense got booted into touch - for good!