How to trade Gaps!

bwah ha ha ha. you said people would have got 'burned' since August, the facts say you would have broken even. No luck as you said. pure facts.

Brettus says 88% hit rate @ 0.5R in his backtest - sounds alright, I wouldnt trade it personally, not my bag, for lulz reasons. At least it some sort of edge.;)

HTML:
but there were ways to to make money in the pre market before 11pm if your were wise enough before the the major shifts in the market lately something i have put alot of time and effort into

good for you but why have you been putting work into this? surely your pin bar edge that you are charging people to learn is a great edge right?:eek:

Whats your trading strategy by the way ?????? or are you looking for one, i have many if you dont then perhaps your not open to new things

Whats your trading strategy by the way ?????? or are you looking for one, i have many if you dont then perhaps your not open to new things

It took me a couple of months to work out my strategy, twas several years ago now. mark douglas saw to that. my trading strategy is to execute the trading edge I am trading with impunity and solid money management. :LOL: lulzy

After I found a strategy I needed to find an edge. This was a bit more lulzy and tricky than I thought. I dropped a bit of money to vendors, took a few tips, tried a few big bens, Dark forces were at work......

I was lucky enough to meet a trader (part effort / part luck) who was willing to share their trading edge with me, confidentially (nazi war secret). The edge is just one part of the strategy though, edges come in different forms, some are easy to learn and execute, others are harder/darker. Once you have a genuine edge then the battle begins in earnest. by this time you are at base camp.

So I have dropped about 5k to 10k over 2 to 3 years lulzing. Then I get a pm from the late Jimmy Lulz/Paz R.I.P. and I thank him for that because that suggestion really helped. Read Paz's thread (I dont tarde his method) and he talks about getting angry with himself, this is one of the stages you have to go through. You will know when you are there.

now I am learning to execute with impunity, the enemy is within....

sorry got very lulzy.:LOL:eek:

Nice post. If you use a stop of 2 X the gap (at 10pm UK time Sunday night) you will find you have a very profitable strategy with the strike rate more than compensating you for the R.

Hej! This is a good stoploss position in my humble opinion! :innocent:

...just want to say that when one's trading it's useful having in mind if a GAP has been filled or not. For example let's say if next week the opening price of EUR/USD is 1.3400 (so there is a gap of around 100 pips as the closing price of Friday was 1.3497) and I think EUR/USD will go down at the end of the week to 1.30 before putting all my money into this trade idea I'd like to see the gap filled first and then I will more confident in loading a bit more on my trade...that's just my 2 cents.

This week the Gap in EUR/USD has been closed too early unfortunately but it was perfectly filled again. :sneaky:

Oh well at the moment I'm buying dips but don't follow as I can revert any moment :cool:

Attachments

• Gap 26.09.2011.PNG
    Gap 26.09.2011.PNG
    122 KB · Views: 127