How to trade breakouts on US Stocks

PitBull

Established member
Attached is an excellent article on how to trade breakouts on US stocks, with chart illustrations too. This method encompasses all that I look for when I trade breakouts, and includes some other good signals to look for, especially the volume percent change indicator. Breakouts without volume will fail, without a doubt, number one rule.

Many do not like trading breakouts as they are buying the high/low of the day, but when you know what to look for it can be a very profitable way of trading. Also, breakouts which coincide with an important daily level are best.

I hope you like the article and good trading.

Attachments

• The base and break pattern.doc
    363.5 KB · Views: 1,888
PitBull said:
Attached is an excellent article on how to trade breakouts on US stocks, with chart illustrations too. This method encompasses all that I look for when I trade breakouts, and includes some other good signals to look for, especially the volume percent change indicator. Breakouts without volume will fail, without a doubt, number one rule.

Many do not like trading breakouts as they are buying the high/low of the day, but when you know what to look for it can be a very profitable way of trading. Also, breakouts which coincide with an important daily level are best.

Thanks Lee, appreciate your generosity. Will read after markets.

Hi Lee,

Very much enjoyed the article, what is the source, I'd like to read more.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi lee, Thank you for the generous sharing. That is very helpful for a new beginner

quote from the artical "The absolute most consistent manner that we know of making profits is by
waiting for the base and break pattern to form under the daily number"
Hi lee, could you give an explaination what is the daily number, is the pivot point, round number or support resistant.
thanks

quote from the artical "The absolute most consistent manner that we know of making profits is by
waiting for the base and break pattern to form under the daily number"
Hi lee, could you give an explaination what is the daily number, is the pivot point, round number or support resistant.
thanks

All of what you said. A major point of support / resistance.