How do YOU trade? Is my trading style good or bad?

lou151991

Hi everyone!

I would like to ask you all how you guys trade in terms of your trading fund.

I have had some success with my trading fund but the way I trade is usually 1 whole trade buy and sell.

E.g. starting fund of £1000, put all £1000 on 1 trade, sell at £200 profit (£1200).

Next trade at £1200, sell at £1500, etc.

I always have a stop loss when I place orders and it is usually swing trades.

I had had success so I can say I have at least 2.5x my fund. Lets call it £1000 to now £2500.

Is this trading style bad? Is it normal to do the same way of trading if you now have a trading fund of £100,000 and putting that all on 1 trade?

Do you find your own amount you are comfortable to trade with? (E.g. £100k fund, only trade with 25k max per trade)

I'm just here to learn how others trade and reasons behind it.

If I always set a stop loss with every trade, is it still bad to trade with your whole fund in 1 trade everytime?

Many thanks! I look forward to hearing what you guys say.

ionone

If you have £1000 you should open an order with lot 0.01, max 0.02 with leverage.
so yes you're buying £1000 worth of assets
but most importantly you should adapt trading size to volatility

Riddler

Swing trading involves holding overnight positions and even over the weekend depending on the instrument. Having a stop loss in place doesn't help much when there's major moves overnight, you could suffer losses that exceed the amount you wanted to risk and so this is why I would say it is not advisable to trade in the manner you've described unless you have a guaranteed stop.

Gracy2

I agree on that part that we should adapt trading size to volatility. Even I do the same.
If you have £1000 you should open an order with lot 0.01, max 0.02 with leverage.
so yes you're buying £1000 worth of assets
but most importantly you should adapt trading size to volatility

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks