How do you recover from a £25,000 loss....

So... how many of these BSD bank showdowns have you guys actually witnessed? Why dump colossal positions into the market to take out tiny ones for peanut profits, when you can make a market and get paid the spread all f*cking day long, making tons and tons of risk free dough?

FWIW the reason why the market seems to reverse just after taking stops out is simple thats where the large buyers and sellers are. Retail traders get in to the market then put stops and limits etc etc large buyers let the market come to them and only when the price is right do they enter. they are not trying to second guess the market, trading is a waiting game first and foremost

+1. I wish I had realised this sooner as I would be considerably richer now.

Personaly i would try and not think about it as it will cloud your judgement in the future.

I would start small with something that won't effect you too much and aim for consistancy and hone your trading skills. Practise good money management. For instance with your Spreadbetting try £1 a point? Its not much but if you can get consistant at it at £1 a point (with good money management total account say 1-2% stop max) e.g £100-£200 max account you can do it with bigger ammounts if you have a bigger account.

However that is just me - i'm not a guru or anything.

Wish you well.

Ig...be careful

As others have stated I think IG's trading platform is excellent, in fact, probably the best. However watch these guys. I built my trading account up to £21,500. The markets have shown some srength in recent days and with confidence opened a £200pp position on the germany 30 at 5596. I imagine many traders would have opened similar positions on the euros strongets economy to show some strength after hitting a prior support. So....IG decided to push the price down to take out all the stops, even when my account was significantly down, the strength in the german index was sufficient to allow the rade to continue. Anyway, IG pushed the price down so much, it wiped out the account.....now look where the german index is. Needless to say the account would now be showing £50,000 plus at the time of writing. IG knew they would be paying out alot of money on this index, so took the price down to take out all the stops. Be careful with this company.

Rating: 3/10

Mr i don't believe the spreadbetting company screwed me.

Lovely jubbly, havnt blamed the broker by the way, not with my trade anyway, not sure whether maudy is. Iv merely asked questions to satisfy my suspicions on price movement. My trade wasnt placed on nfp day.

Im begining to think this is one superb advert for I-G everyone has probably looked at the charts for this trade and thought the price was about right had the trade been at £100pp then the account would have been up near the £40k mark after all he had traded for £6k to £25k without any problems

Mr Figure managed to get an account from £6k to £25k in 4 weeks with I-Gs superb state of the art trading platform coupled with I-Gs competitively low margin requirements and tight spreads.

Open an account today and you could be trading like a city pro within weeks
The Possibilities are endless

Brettus, aka no mistakes trading legend, who probably trades £1pp incase his **** falls out. Trade big like your mouth then i might take you seriously. Quote me all you like, of course you have no idea that I have had numerous communication with ig since the trade and since my original post, and whilst their explanation is reasonable they were still a couple of pips out on this particular dax low in comparison to capital spreads for example. However I now do not level blame with them as I did initially, blame rests with me for a bad trade. You however have a mouth bigger than your account will ever be. Once again, boring the life out of me and still havnt posted anything remotely interesting about trading.

Never thought it would be necessary upon joining this website but, just like my trade how wrong i was. Congrats upon being the first on my ignore list. Goodbye and good luck.

However I now do not level blame with them as I did initially, blame rests with me for a bad trade.

Ive got a sneaky suspicion that no matter what is said on this thread you know where you went wrong and what you should have done about it, I also believe two things that you will become more knowledgable about the markets you trade and you will be the first, as far as I know, to post a thread with a £25k+ win from a spreadbeter.

Brettus, aka no mistakes trading legend, who probably trades £1pp incase his **** falls out. Trade big like your mouth then i might take you seriously. Quote me all you like, of course you have no idea that I have had numerous communication with ig since the trade and since my original post, and whilst their explanation is reasonable they were still a couple of pips out on this particular dax low in comparison to capital spreads for example. However I now do not level blame with them as I did initially, blame rests with me for a bad trade. You however have a mouth bigger than your account will ever be. Once again, boring the life out of me and still havnt posted anything remotely interesting about trading.

Never thought it would be necessary upon joining this website but, just like my trade how wrong i was. Congrats upon being the first on my ignore list. Goodbye and good luck.

I think if i can trade £1 a point and make more money than you trading £200 a point, then i think that's telling you something. I've posted my IG index statement on here with over £70k in it. I never got there trading £200 a point, and FYI i worked for a broker next to spreadbetting desk and i'm one of the only ones on this website who actually had an official job role as FX trader. I've seen idiots like you come and go very quickly. I'm trying to tell slow down and start small to be consistent then whack some money in, but you're just another loser. I made 6% last week for your info. You do the math...

I like £200 a point. Don't slow down. Increase size if you have the b*lls. It's the only way to get the 25k back quickly.

I'd have to have 25,000 to lose first.... well, hope you've made some progress back since you made the thread. (I have not read all 46 pages.)

Makes a nice change. I'm normally first on people's ignore lists. :)

This is where you magnify yer lack of knowledge. You blame those forkers as if they have just raped your wife , (against ther consent that is). :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Get it into your forkin head that these brokers must be held to account for failed trades and you must make sure that they are exposed enough in the wrong that you get yer due compensation. Never forget that you must "TREAT YOUR BROKER LIKE YOU TREAT YOUR BITCH" BBCs words not mine.
There is no such thing as a bad trade, only ones that can learn from, if you have entered with predetermined risk management and the trade goes against you then thats football. If you enter a trade and yer account gets wiped out then thats down to yer broker, he is forking you over like a dung heap with you being the dung beetle.
:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart:
:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistling

Your abuse of emoticons makes me want to strangle kittens.

I have not read 90 of the 97 replies, but it seems they degenerate rapidly. I have lost more than you. My approach to recovery was to develop my own technical indicator (I have the background to do that.) It's finished; it works; and I am on the road to recovery.

Not everyone wants to do this, but you must have a system if you don't want to panic when things go against you. When things are bad, you shouldn't be asking yourself, "What should I do?" You should be able to follow the plan. I didn't have one when I started. I was so sure I had it figured out, but I left out the psychology - a big mistake.

Write your plan down and share it with friends who trade. Accept criticism. Reality won't bend to your will. Good luck.

Bint I dont take kindly to your abusive posts. Be thankful of your 'safe 'position at your desktop. Like someone similar to you, youv contributed f*ck all to the thread apart from highlight that you have a large mouth. Welcome to the ignore list, you and the other can exchange abusive comments til your hearts content. Good bye

Bint I dont take kindly to your abusive posts. Be thankful of your 'safe 'position at your desktop. Like someone similar to you, youv contributed f*ck all to the thread apart from highlight that you have a large mouth. Welcome to the ignore list, you and the other can exchange abusive comments til your hearts content. Good bye

I can appreciate your ire, but I have always thought the best way to deal with miscreants is to ignore them. Most do what the do to get a rise out of people. Replying just feeds the flames.

These people are forum terrorists. :)

Oh my days! How cool is trading other people's money, huh? I'd love to run up that kind of losses just for the experience. That would be one hell of a story to tell (after the prison sentence was over, of course)...