How do you "Night-Trade" effectively?

bill144

I'm still in the learning process of trading, but I do have the option from IB to do after-hours trading if I want to so I decide to take a crack at it. Unfortunately, because night-trading isn't as active as day-trade, I do find it difficult to find a good spot to get into a position. However, there were moments that even in day-trading that the market would go to a "night-trade" situation long before the market closes. So I wonder what strategies do you use when dealing with this kind of situation.

You could try switching to a longer timeframe to trade such as the daily.

It's obviously not day-trading, but you're not in a position to do that anyway.

watch cramer on cnbc. short every stock he mentions...take profit within 15 minutes

Peter

I'm still in the learning process of trading, but I do have the option from IB to do after-hours trading if I want to so I decide to take a crack at it. Unfortunately, because night-trading isn't as active as day-trade, I do find it difficult to find a good spot to get into a position. However, there were moments that even in day-trading that the market would go to a "night-trade" situation long before the market closes. So I wonder what strategies do you use when dealing with this kind of situation.

q1 what time zone are you in relative to GMT?

q2 what instruments are you thinking to trade?

:?: