T2W Bot

Staff member
1,465 62
Ever wonder what makes a winning trader consistent? In my opinion that consistency is due to the trader having his own "edge" over other traders. This "edge" is what each trader must find for himself. Often traders focus on their results so much that they forget that every other trader in the world is doing the same thing: Trying to profit from price action alone. Trading this way can make you money, but what if you had an added edge to your strategy? In Commodity Futures, we have something called Open Interest that just may provide that advantage.
What is This Open Interest?

Open Interest is the total number of outstanding contracts that are held by market participants at the end of the day.
Contracts that are held overnight have much more conviction behind them. They assume more risk by holding these positions.
Another way of looking at Open Interest is the total number of Futures contracts that have not yet been exercised (offset), contract expired or fulfilled by...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

new_trader

Legendary member
6,471 1,395
Ever wonder what makes a winning trader consistent? In my opinion that consistency is due to the trader having his own "edge" over other traders. This "edge" is what each trader must find for himself. Often traders focus on their results so much that they forget that every other trader in the world is doing the same thing
The article was interesting up to this point and then drifts off into useless waffle that basically contradicts the entire introduction. A waste of time.

accumulator

1 0
excellent article, wealth of useful links and information. it is up to a trader to ran it through statistical analysis and see if one can benefit from it or not.. some build quantitative systems based on price-volume action alone. in my opinion though looking at price action alone is like looking at a carrot waved at front of a donkey.. if there's a way to peer in to a mind of a market maker even get a short glimpse of the inside the door action, I'm for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock