Help!!trading simulation and analytical tests

maggie1983112

Hi guys, luckily I went through the Math test and HR interview for the position of junior option trader. There are two more tests coming soon: trading simulation and analytical tests. I will graduate soon for my master in Finance and no trading experience at all. My financial knowledge about option is quite solid, but still very nervous cauz that's purely theoretical knowledge. I would really appreciate if somebody can give me some advice, like what's the test like in general? where I can practice simulated trading, which software you recommend? and what's essential for option trading? I konw by heart about put, call, the greeks, butterfly, strip...... BS model, put-call parity and so on, the basics. where should I focus on to strength myself? THANKS A LOT!!!

Last edited:
anyone can give me some advices???

Hi guys, luckily I went through the Math test and HR interview for the position of junior option trader. There are two more tests coming soon: trading simulation and analytical tests. I will graduate soon for my master in Finance and no trading experience at all. My financial knowledge about option is quite solid, but still very nervous cauz that's purely theoretical knowledge. I would really appreciate if somebody can give me some advice, like what's the test like in general? where I can practice simulated trading, which software you recommend? and what's essential for option trading? I konw by heart about put, call, the greeks, butterfly, strip...... BS model, put-call parity and so on, the basics. where should I focus on to strength myself? THANKS A LOT!!!

Maggie, the trading simulation will be what we call mock trading. You will have a guy scream prices at you and you will have to make a market. In other words, you will need to know your synthetics. He will tell you stock XYZ is trading at 102.50. The August 100 call is trading for 5.50. What is the price of the Aug 100 put? You tell him 3.00. Your 2.95 bid at 3.05 offer. You will need to make these markets pretty fast. Good luck.

Trader_0101,thank you very much for your explaination that really helps:). One quick question, what you mean is that I need to very familar with put-call parity. In the example you give me, you ignore the time value of strike price, probably because it is in Aug. In simulation, what if the call is Aug 2009, then I have to discount strike price to present, right? and which interest rate should I use then, Eurolibor for European market? are they supposed to tell me? I am a grad student, no trading experience at all, do I need to know how to read or analyze charts for junior position?? I am really weak at this part:(.

Maggie, the trading simulation will be what we call mock trading. You will have a guy scream prices at you and you will have to make a market. In other words, you will need to know your synthetics. He will tell you stock XYZ is trading at 102.50. The August 100 call is trading for 5.50. What is the price of the Aug 100 put? You tell him 3.00. Your 2.95 bid at 3.05 offer. You will need to make these markets pretty fast. Good luck.

Info needed

Hi Maggie,
Could you elaborate on this Math test? I have got a similar test for a junior options trading position and was wondering if you can share some pointers here.

Trader_0101,thank you very much for your explaination that really helps:). One quick question, what you mean is that I need to very familar with put-call parity. In the example you give me, you ignore the time value of strike price, probably because it is in Aug. In simulation, what if the call is Aug 2009, then I have to discount strike price to present, right? and which interest rate should I use then, Eurolibor for European market? are they supposed to tell me? I am a grad student, no trading experience at all, do I need to know how to read or analyze charts for junior position?? I am really weak at this part:(.

Hi maggie,

I understand that you had an analytical test and a trading simulation test a while ago. I would really appreciate if you could tell me about it as I have the tests coming up in few days.

How was the analytical test. As I far as I know, it is more to do with macro-economic indicators, some charts and graphs..

Also, how was the trading simulation. Was it like a market making game..I am curious to know..I would really appreciate if you could let me know..Also from where did u practice the tests..are there any websites to do so..

Thanks so much in advance,..Desperately need help

Hi,
I have a trading simulation game and an analytical test coming up soon. I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me more about what to expect.

are there any websites to practice such tests...

Thanks so much in advance,..Desperately need help

Last edited: