Help me discover what career I want to get into!

That's fantastic advice DeadMoney. What's your name if you don't mind me asking?

So what are you doing at the moment in life?

Viks

my name is Tom, and currently I am getting out of the real estate business, and thinking about going back to trading.

and Aspire, I know this is hard to believe, if I had not been there myself, I would not believe it either, because I sat for over a month and watched a guy make tons of money, after about 5 or 6 weeks, it started to sink in that this is real...

So if it took me 6 weeks of looking at this guys account statements everyday before I believed it, I can understand how you would have trouble with it. :)

and to make it more unbelievable, in addition to being trained to trade for free, they also paid for my lunch every day for about a year, and paid for all my commissions for the first 6 months.

a situation like this is very rare, and not easy to find, I traveled from Washington state to New York and spent almost a year before I found the place. But for the people who are successful at it, what ever it takes it's worth it.

Thanks Tom. So what is it like that day in the life of Tom? if you don't mind.

Thanks Tom. So what is it like that day in the life of Tom? if you don't mind.

until last year it was pretty good, I have traveled the world, vacationed for a year in Europe. Bought cool cars, (figured out the other day I have had 28 of them).
stuff like that, on the down side, I have paid more taxes than most people will earn.
but you gotta take the good with the bad. :)

and Aspire, I know this is hard to believe, if I had not been there myself, I would not believe it either, because I sat for over a month and watched a guy make tons of money, after about 5 or 6 weeks, it started to sink in that this is real...

So if it took me 6 weeks of looking at this guys account statements everyday before I believed it, I can understand how you would have trouble with it. :)

and to make it more unbelievable, in addition to being trained to trade for free, they also paid for my lunch every day for about a year, and paid for all my commissions for the first 6 months.

a situation like this is very rare, and not easy to find, I traveled from Washington state to New York and spent almost a year before I found the place. But for the people who are successful at it, what ever it takes it's worth it.

I have no problem believing you know someone who makes a lot of money trading. Why would I? And if you say he took you under his wing and taught you evrything he knows then I have no reason not to believe you are telling the truth.

The point I was making was that finding someone good enough at trading who will teach you like that will be about as easy as putting toothpaste back into the tube. It will be a much better idea to just watch the markets and figure things out for yourself. Also, even if a great trader dedicated himself to making you profitable there is still no guarantee you would be.