Hello everybody - I'm new & would like to ask some questions pls!

TradingDummy

Hello everyone.

I am chuffed to have found T2W - so much useful information and knowledgeable people in one place :clap::cheesy:

My background: I began buying physical shares around 2006 as a long term investment. Little did I know, but I bought at the height of the market and have lost around 80% of what I originally invested.

I moved onto SB in mid-2007 as I was fedup with broker commissions, 0.5% SDLT and wanted to be more agile with my investments than a simple buy / hold approach.

I have an IG account.

I have many questions, but will start with two:

(1) Is it useful to invest in a standalone charting package with live data eg. ShareScopePro or whether it is ok to stick with the charts / candles provided by IG?

(2) Is there a recommended book list I should be reading? So far I have read:

- Stocktrading for Dummies
- Technical Analysis for Dummies
- Come Into My Trading Room (Dr. A. Elder)
- The Financial Spreadbetting Handbook (M. Pryor)

Thanks!

:eek:

EDIT: for some reason it says I am registered in the USA and live in California next to my profile?! That is not the case but I cannot see a way to change it :(

Last edited:
Well, you should be able to change your location by clicking your username top right where it says welcome ...

As to a charting package, I wouldn't recommend one yet, but there are people on here with much better advice then me.

indeed, or the "yaw busting my baws hans!" hans blix, as featured in team america:world police...delete as appropriate.

i've been recommended 'Trading in the Zone' (also known as TITZ apparently) as essential reading, can't think why that ones stuck in my head...