ariesto

Currency: GBP/JPY or USD/JPY (though i use it mainly on gbp/jpy:
Timeframe: 1M, 5M, 15M
Indicators: 3 sets of bollinger bands:

1) Period 50. Deviation 2 (RED)
2) Period 50. Deviation 3 (orange)
3) Period 50. Deviation 4 (Yellow)

scalping_0.gif

Once you load your template you will notice the three sets of bollinger bands. Now, price will constantly range between these lines.

Sell strategy:

When price crosses the upper red band , at least half way to the orange band (if it gets to the yellow band is better but not as usual) Then the price will tend to retrace towards the center of the bollinger bands, you profit form this retracing.

Buy Strategy, it is the same as selling, the difference is that we will wait for the price to range between the lower red and yellow bands, and trade the retracing towards the center.

Tips: do not trade on ranging ,or quiet markets, do not trade previous to news releases. Go for 5 to 10 pips. Great system to trade between opening of london session and the closing of the japan session.

Stop Loss: since this strategy requires you to look at the screen (remember this is the 1M time frame) I tend to have two kinds of stops: time based and loss based.

Time based: Try and figure out how long will it take the market to get in your expected direction, if the time that you planned is already due, then close the order. No point on waiting for a loss...

Stop Loss: Since you are trading a very tight time frame your stops should also very very tight. Sometimes, you will profit from a 3 minute trade and you wont be able to set a proper S/L. So your stops will be given to you by your money management system...

Template for Metatrader Platform is available for download

erm, you could have used a more recent screenshot than something from November 2007!!! :confused:

I also thought that bollinger band type bouncey stuff was best served in rangey markets.
GBPJPY trends well enough for one side of the boll-band trade to be a loser.

welcome to T2W by the way. hope you enjoy it here. :cheesy:

totally like this...... a nice quiet pair to trade......sleepy and no volatility on either currency....perfect for 1m scalping with those tight spreads and all ....:p

taxi !
N

i'm sorry to tease with you Ariesto (no offence meant) but as you can see some of us feel that the logistics of trading anything on the 1m G/Y is a little far fetched and will end in tears.....

Last edited: