Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch: Recession in 2008 unavoidable

BSD

Veteren member
I bet they will be buying the dip they are creating.
Certainly when this hit the wires yesterday commodities took a hit and I lost some cash.
Still, all bodes well for precious metals.

Reactions: BSD
An engineered depression?

"..............The Establishment's strategy appears to depend upon the sequence:

* The rapid decomposition of the FRN (Federal Reserve Note) - which the Establishment doubtlessly understands it cannot prevent, but which it expects to be able to employ to its political advantage - will create economic chaos and social unrest.
* Economic chaos will rationalize replacement of the FRN by the Amero; and acceptance of the Amero by common Americans will grease the skids for absorption of the United States into the North American Union.
* The social unrest attendant on economic chaos will serve to excuse the imposition of a para-militarized police state on Canadians, Mexicans, and Americans alike. And thus,
* The dark nature of the North American Union - a hemispheric totalitarian state run in the interests of supra-national big business and high finance - will finally meet the light of day, when it is too late for common people to do anything about it except to wonder why they never did anything about it........................".

The Silver Bear Cafe

I bet they will be buying the dip they are creating.
Certainly when this hit the wires yesterday commodities took a hit and I lost some cash.
Still, all bodes well for precious metals.

Absolutely. As recessions/depressions bite, precious metals prove to be the safest place to invest.

Personally i like the thought of a shoe box under my bed ;).

Interesting that cable has eased of in recent weeks back below $2.
This is not a sign of $ regaining strength - both currencies are getting weaker - due to global inflation.

Certainly not. It is just that financial services make up such a large slug of the UK economy that the banking crisis is gonna hit cable really hard even against the monopoly $.