FXCM stoploss is dangerous.

The pip mark-up on the spread (how FXCM is generating revenue) does not change throughout the day.

Also as an FYI, this Friday there is no rollover for any of the currency pairs due to public holidays.

-Jason

LUA%20DAO%203_zps4ozh2ovr.png

why i set stoploss at 140.038 but it not work? Did you cheat me FXCM broker???

LUA%20DAO%203_zps4ozh2ovr.png

why i set stoploss but it not work and i loss all my money? Did you cheat me FXCM broker???

Hi lucifer,

If we fail to meet your expectations, or you have a specific inquiry or concern that requires a formal review, you are encouraged to file a trade inquiry https://www.fxcm.com/uk/forms/trade-inquiry/ . Our privacy policy does not allow us to discuss client account information publicly, and I would also caution you about posting your account number or any other sensitive information publicly to a forum which you would probably not want other people to know.

Discussion on Stop Loss Orders and French Elections

When triggered, stop orders become a market order available for execution at the next available market price. Stop orders guarantee execution but do not guarantee a particular price. Therefore, stop orders may incur slippage depending on market conditions. Slippage is a factor when trading any financial market, including the forex market.

Slippage occurs when the market gaps over prices or when available liquidity at a given price has been exhausted. Market gaps normally occur during fast moving markets when a price can jump several pips without trading at prices in between. Similarly, each price has an available liquidity. For instance, if the price is 50 and there is 1 million available at 50, then a 3 million order will get slipped, since 3 million is more than the 1 million available at the price of 50.

Slippage can be negative or positive.

It should also be noted that the French elections were held on Sunday which is why you see the significant gap on the 4 hour chart you posted from the close of trading on Friday to the open of trading on Sunday. Here's a closer look at GBP/JPY when viewed from the 1 minute chart with the Friday close and Sunday close circled:

gTi8929.jpg

The close price on the Friday candle was 139.861 and the open price on the Sunday candle was 142.332. The market gapped 247 pips at the start of trading on Sunday! Weekend gaps are a risk especially due to major events like the French elections.

Execution risks including weekend risk, gapping, slippage, etc. are covered in detail on our website https://www.fxcm.com/uk/legal/trading-execution-risks/

Jason