FX scanner

wasp

Legendary member
Does anyone know of a reliable scanner programme that concentrates solely on FX crosses? I know of plenty for stocks/shares but a search in google just brings up a million and one get rich schemes for FX before anything actually useful.

Looking for soemthing that can scan over 100 pairs for simple things like programmable MA crosses on the hourlies etc.

Cheers

wasp

You could easily do that in something like TradeStation (although i'm not sure they cover 100 pairs - do you really want that many?)

Simon

turtle trader said:
You could easily do that in something like TradeStation (although i'm not sure they cover 100 pairs - do you really want that many?)

Simon

Well probably don't need 100, 50 would do it! So many new crosses out there I never knew existed and many with nice moves I'd need half dozen screens to look out for opportunities.

At the moment I have little costs using metatrader (free) so not sure if I want to pay for tradestation just as a scanner so a free one obviously better but if needs must....

Cheers turtle trader I'll take a look through over the weekend.

pretty sure you can code something for MT4 that will check different pairs for the setup you look for...something simple as a MA's cross... don't know how the platform will cope with searching for more complex things, but it should work.

I am not sure if it does what you want as I have only had it a couple of weeks, but the Prorealtime package has some good alerts and a program facility to build your own sequences. It is not expensive, is web based so can be used on different computers and has more than enough indicators for most. They do a free trial for a week.

Hope this helps.

wasp said:
Does anyone know of a reliable scanner programme that concentrates solely on FX crosses? I know of plenty for stocks/shares but a search in google just brings up a million and one get rich schemes for FX before anything actually useful.

Looking for soemthing that can scan over 100 pairs for simple things like programmable MA crosses on the hourlies etc.

Cheers

wasp