Forex Exotic Options Basic Strategy

smullaney said:
Based on your premiums you need to have a win:lose ration of more than 2:1. Do you think this is achievable? Most people talk about 50:50 ratios and a mixture of money management and big wins to see through. Just curious on your thoughts as this is what put me off these kind of vehicles.

2:1 "win loss" on short gamma is only achievable with double no touch barriers, and it's very rare where you'll see a 2:1 payout outside of a half-sigma. I can state with confidence that I've never traded a 2:1 payoff in a barrier option -- the touch probability is very high. Sure, you can trade within one sigma for kicks, but nobody would lay serious cash on such a bet.

You'll never find a single NT, short gamma "all or nothing" barrier exotic trade at 2:1 "win-loss". By their nature they produce poor risk-reward payouts. An ATM touch market is null by definition.

Last edited:
did anybody tried IB in forex option? have been in equity option for close to 3 years and trade forex with refcofx until all my fx monies gone with refcofx and now looking into possible forex option using ib.

did anybody tried IB in forex option? have been in equity option for close to 3 years and trade forex with refcofx until all my fx monies gone with refcofx and now looking into possible forex option using ib.

Interactive Brokers? They only offer exchange-traded options.