Eurusd

• All members of T2W are welcome to come along to our quarterly social meet-up, this Saturday 22nd June, at the Clachan Pub in Central London.
    Find out more.

BLS

Established member
642 229
Hi Guys,

My first post and contribution here of Friday's NFP set up. I trade Bob Volman's method and have attached my chart. I'm learning the method and welcome any comments.

-Kalps
It looks like you go beyond the 10 pip target that Volman recommends. Do you use a limit order (do you have a maximum target)? Or do you close out winning trades based on discretion? Just curious.

For that SB trade I don't think you had to wait for the M pattern to break. You could have traded the break of the signal bar (black doji). You were right to wait for the SB instead of the trading the DD given that the lows of a couple of bars in the pullback were taken out.

Kalp

12 1
As it was NFP day I thought that potential moves may be larger than the 10 pip bracket Bob recommends.

It paid off on Friday, however set my mind in the wrong gear for today. I was trading and I was +10 and I thought it may be worth extending the target. Ended up losing all 10 and getting out for zero. Lesson Learn to just take 10 and re enter.

Kalp

12 1
Is this thread for a particular EURUSD strategy?
I think it was a mixture with the main most recent contributor BLS since Mike got banned.

BLS's strategy and posts are the bob volman method, which is what I have just started trading, hence I thought it'd be good to start a new clean thread just on Bob's method which BLS agreed.

random12345

Established member
793 279
I'm not much of a pattern trader, but this double top that just completed on EURUSD is impossible to resist.

Running it down to 1.306. Stop at 1.3115.

Ciao!

random12345

Established member
793 279
sorry i am new to forex, but would it advisable to short eur/dol
Advisable yes, but it's drifting relentlessly upwards at the moment - most people are relying on key resistance as high as 1.315. The crowd are heavily short the Euro, including me. It might reverse on take profits tomorrow or later today, might not... and it might even fly on NFP day. That would suck.

Good luck.

15 min tlb

2,057 98
Advisable yes, but it's drifting relentlessly upwards at the moment - most people are relying on key resistance as high as 1.315. The crowd are heavily short the Euro, including me. It might reverse on take profits tomorrow or later today, might not... and it might even fly on NFP day. That would suck.

Good luck.
The other posters on the new Volman ramping thread , some of them are here only to post on the Volman thread .It seems something is brewing , isn't it the same old methods , freely available on forums , rehashed and revamped as pa?

Another day , another guru is born , with the same old ta rehashed.

random12345

Established member
793 279
The other posters on the new Volman ramping thread , some of them are here only to post on the Volman thread .It seems something is brewing , isn't it the same old methods , freely available on forums , rehashed and revamped as pa?

Another day , another guru is born , with the same old ta rehashed.
There are a lot of books that overcomplicate PA because it is difficult to hold the writer to task over blatant mistakes since it's more alchemy than science. I have little interest in PA and have said many times that the profitable methods I know of can be written down on a side of A4, not a whole book and certainly not 3 like Mr Brooks effort. When people start banging on about legs, dojis and signal bars before they take a scalp trade, they could just have taken the 1:1 trade in their key area, but that doesn't make them sound smart.

I honestly don't see how Volman's methods are any better than drawing a few lines of S&R every morning, especially on the heavily scalped EURUSD where almost every zone of intra day previous support and resistance has some form of respect. There are other pairs that trade so well with moving averages that for me, the EURUSD makes life more difficult than it need be.

Reactions: 15 min tlb

arfan786

7 0
Hey guys, great thread, as a newbie, id like to know more about he bob volman method, which book of his is best? also do all you guys use his method on a regular basis and what do you make of it? any other method recommendations would be great :)

thanks