Essentials Of 'New to Trading'

One word of advice to new members here

STAY FOCUSSED AND IGNORE THE NEGATIVE MEMBERS

using Forums and the many members associated is a little like life.............you are going to get people that want to help you and people that dont...........;)

in life however you can usually move away quickly from the people that are sarcastic and rude and unhelpful..........as why spend time talking or dealing with them ?

but here on T2win the moderators allow such people to continually snipe and jibe at all the other members .......as long as they are not outrageously rude or post obscene pictures or comments they are allowed to continue their quest to stop people being able to be here in a fairly friendly environment, and be able to focus 100% on learning about trading with no meaningless interruptions

at best think of them like the disruptive children in a classroom - that take away your concentration and valuable time with the teachers and mentors as they rant and rage and pout in the corner............time wasted by the mentors having to talk to them and pacify them and even argue with them whilst valuable time slips away ..............who truly knows the reasons why these people behave as such but they do ..........its allowed here. :whistling

the moderators watch but cant act..............I think new members can block comments by such people online

so focus on the good guys and your trading ....:smart:(y).......if you have a complaint do not be scared to reach out to the moderators (or experienced members you are following) about other members ...........this is a free and open forum and the moderators want to keep it friendly and get rid of the Children

N

Okay,

4. A trading ‘edge’
In the words of ‘TWI’, a long standing T2W member and hedge fund manager, your trading edge is “anything that removes the random nature of throwing darts at the FT markets page”. Many threads in the forums found in the ‘Start Here’ category focus on developing a trading edge. It might be something that sounds very simple, such as cutting losing trades early and letting profitable trades run, or determining when a fresh trend is underway and then riding the trend. These ideas sound simple enough but, for most traders, they’re devilishly difficult to put into practice. Or, if you’re that graduate from Cambridge mentioned earlier with a double first in maths and economics, your edge might be the ability to develop highly sophisticated computer algorithms. Needless to say, developing your edge is the really tricky bit. One way to develop an edge is to try to understand the forces at play in the fifth precept . . .

There is a misconception in the first article of an edge , this is totally false .

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/223414-what-professionals-edge.html

There is a misconception in the first article of an edge , this is totally false .
fl,
You are entitled to your opinions and to express them. However, I'll thank you not to present opinions as though they are facts - especially on official forum content such as this Sticky which is read by novice traders just starting out.

If you'd care to explain why - in your opinion - there is a misconception regarding the description of an edge - and you can provide a better alternative - then that would be of interest and value to this thread's subscribers. But please do it here - without linking to other threads.

I'm afraid I've become tired of being sucked into a foroom lluzers vortex of endlessly self referencing threads which, likely as not, culminate in watching a YouTube video about monkeys. It's for this very reason that I've not followed your link and, indeed, now no longer bother reading most of your posts. And that's a shame because I expect you make some valid points that are worth heeding. I mention this because if you wish to engage with the membership in a way that helps them to become (better) traders, then you're going about it in the wrong way. Of course, this is just my opinion and, possibly, I'm quite alone in my views. On the other hand . . .
Tim.

fl,
You are entitled to your opinions and to express them. However, I'll thank you not to present opinions as though they are facts - especially on official forum content such as this Sticky which is read by novice traders just starting out.

Tim.

I already started a thread ,explaining an the concept of an edge.I was not interested in repeating the same explanations here , this does not agree with duplicating the same points in another thread.

The idea of linking was to link the relevant thread about my unbiased beliefs about a true edge.

cutting losing trades early and letting profitable trades run, or determining when a fresh trend is underway and then riding the trend.

These are not edges or an edge ,they are trading skills and trade execution skills.

I have contradicted myself here:

The main edge in achieving the above edges is your mental edge to execute your edge.Traders have zero edge , unless you have a mental edge .All your illusionary edges are worth zero , if you can't execute your edge.

Private traders need a mental edge to be able to execute trade correctly .This is the difficult part , the mental edge.

The edges are present before any trade is placed on the system /method .The stock indices have upward biases , it is an edge and forex edge depends on expected interest rates movements , both these are instrument edges.

Last edited:
I already started a thread ,explaining an the concept of an edge.I was not interested in repeating the same explanations here , this does not agree with duplicating the same points in another thread.

The idea of linking was to link the relevant thread about my unbiased beliefs about a true edge.
fl,
T2W has a duty of care to protect its members from 'unbiased' beliefs which, often as not, are anything but. Whilst you have every right to have your opinions and to express them, you have no right whatsoever to trash official forum content as being "totally false" - without providing any kind of explanation as to why you think that - let alone offering what you consider to be a better alternative. If you don't want to play by our rules - that's fine - you're welcome to post your unbiased beliefs elsewhere. However, if you wish to remain a member of T2W, then I recommend strongly that you read, mark, learn and unwardly digest our Community Constitution and start posting responsibly and stop treating the site as your own personal playground in which everyone is expected to dance to your tune.
Tim.

fl,
T2W has a duty of care to protect its members from 'unbiased' beliefs which, often as not, are anything but. Whilst you have every right to have your opinions and to express them, you have no right whatsoever to trash official forum content as being "totally false" - without providing any kind of explanation as to why you think that - let alone offering what you consider to be a better alternative. If you don't want to play by our rules - that's fine - you're welcome to post your unbiased beliefs elsewhere. However, if you wish to remain a member of T2W, then I recommend strongly that you read, mark, learn and unwardly digest our Community Constitution and start posting responsibly and stop treating the site as your own personal playground in which everyone is expected to dance to your tune.
Tim.

Sorry I am not trying to thrash this site .I should have used more appropriate argument and better words.I did convey the wrong message , but it was not intentional

I am going through a private court case in a car accident with a liar , so my words were incorrectly used in this thread , for which I apologize.These were influencig me.

Cutting losing trades early and letting profitable trades run, or determining when a fresh trend is underway and then riding the trend.These are not edges or an edge ,they are trading skills and trade execution skills.

The main edge in achieving the above edges is your mental edge to execute your edge.Traders have zero edge , unless you have a mental edge .All your illusionary edges are worth zero , if you can't execute your edge.

Private traders need a mental edge to be able to execute trade correctly .This is the difficult part , the mental edge.

The edges are present before any trade is placed on the system /method .The stock indices have upward biases , it is an edge and forex edge depends on expected interest rates movements , both these are instrument edges.

An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another.Mark Douglas

The stock indices give you an edge , there is a higher probability of one thing happening over another ,there is higher probability of stock indices going higher.

I have given you an srgument of what an edge is , I have also duplicated the content here in this post .This is my concluding post.All other posts can be deleted /cleared.

Attachments

• TRIPLE.jpg
    TRIPLE.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 757
Message for timsk

Hello,

I just registered yesterday and not reading the Essentials of 'New to Trading.'

I think this forum and website is a great resource and since I have that opinion I wanted to let you know there's a typo on the last line in the paragraph, "BUT IT ISN'T EASY." the word is 'word' rather than 'work.'

Hope it's okay to point it out.
Kugio

Certain skills and attributes a trader should have which will help you in your quest, you may already have some of the skills but the others you would require to develop. 5 important trading attributes that a trader should have, be it swing traders or position traders are as follows:
• Self-discipline And Hardwork
• Have a control on your emotions
• Ego & Humility
• Conduct A Thorough Research
• Be Aware Of Opinion- Specially Your Own

happy to start

Am traders, am happy to be part of the system, unfortunately it being day 1 of this great journey l kindly request one who can teach me for a better success, my mail [email protected]

Let your profits run. Cut your losses short.
To do anything otherwise you are declaring to the world you know better than the market.
Remember the market is more powerful than you, that is not to say you do not have a special insight.

A forex trader will require adequate trading knowledge at least about the basics of financial market tools and techniques. It is true that a trader can’t acquire all the knowledge in one day. But he for sure should try to gather the basic ideas of forex trading with the help of demo trading accounts before he can start trading with his real money. Thanks for sharing your views and it will definitely help the beginners to some extent.