eSignal Bund Errors

minx

I found out today that eSignal has a data problem with the Bund, called the technical support in London and the guy said the've known about it for years and nothing can be done about it either. Basically I think it happens on 84 min charts and upwards, the close of one particular bar and the open of the next are a few ticks apart. This isnt over economic figures either so it isnt explained by that. I've seen it happen a few times and sent in a bad tick report (havent heard back). It happened again today on the roll from the 07:00 bar to the 08:40 bar (on a 100min chart, for example), the 7am bar closes at 117.07 and the next bar opens at 117.12 for those of you who trade the bund you'll know that this is total crap. Also if you then look at a 5 min chart it doesn't confirm this.......... :(

I will find out more about this problem for you. In the mean time, there is a quick work-around which you could try out. Please set up a time-template with a start time of 7am GMT, and end time of 17:30. If you are unsure of how to create a time template, please click on the following link and watch a short training video (just 7 minutes) http://www.esignalcentral.com/university/esignal/tutorial/default.asp.
Sorry about the inconvenience. I'll get back to you with more info soon.
Grant D
eSignal

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, didnt realise eSignal were patrolling here. I do know how to change the time template but unfortunately I need it to be the full 7am-6pm timeframe as my patterns/indicators wont make sense otherwise. I cant understand how there can be a problem, surely you take the price data and build a chart with it. Its there again this morning. Also the tech support guy basically said 'tough luck' which I thought was very unprofessional and has me looking at other charting packages.
Thanks again for looking into it!
Minx.

I'm very concerned about the nonchalant reply you got from tech support. This is absolutely not the way we operate and I'll be addressing that issue. Regarding the charting problems with the Bund, I'll be doing my best to get to the bottom of this for you also. Will post another update this afternoon once I've had the chance to liaise with my colleagues in the States.

Best,

Grant D
eSignal Support

Hi again,
I have checked this out and can confirm that our Quality Assurance team are aware of the issue. There is a hefty project in process right now, looking at re-designing the tick server database. Once completed, the issue will be resolved. That said, I am not able to give you an estimated date of completion at this point in time.
As I mentioned earlier, a Time Template could be a good workaround.You can create one specifically for the Bund, say from 7am till 6pm. You could specify the interval in the template too, or leave it blank and change manually each time. I've tried this myself and it seems to get around the issue.

Let me know if I can help further,

Thanks

Grant D
eSignal Support

I already run it off a specific bund time template 7am-6pm. I tried the specific interval but that doesnt work either and also it includes the settlement and pre-open prices as seperate bars which screws with my indicators.
This major revamp you mentioned, I appreciate you cant give an exact time time right now but roughly are you looking at 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 2 years?
I like eSignal and want to keep using it but clearly I cant if it doesnt make charts correctly.

The redesign of our tick servers is a big project, as Grant indicated. In terms of an approximate ETA, we hope to have the new server design in place by Q3 of next year. Hopefully sooner but we won't know until we get the early prototype in place and start testing.

Thanks.