Easy language to CQG formula ??

octrout

I currently have CQG trading system. but im having hard time write this in CQG trade system editor.
Is there anyone who can write this tradestaion Easy language in CQG formula language ?
Thanks

sumup = 0;
sumdn = 0;

for i = 1 to n begin // n = 14
if close - close > 0 then
sumup = sumup + close - close[1]
else sumdn = sumdn + close[1] - close;
end;

RSI = 100 - (100/(1 + (sumup/sumdn)));

Have you tried contacting the vendor as I would have thought they would offer support ?

Paul

Trader333 said:
Have you tried contacting the vendor as I would have thought they would offer support ?

Paul

yeah, i contacted tech support last Wed for this and i already posted it as question on cqg forum, but i haven't got any reply yet.

do you use cqg trade system ?

thanks

octrout said:
I currently have CQG trading system. but im having hard time write this in CQG trade system editor.
Is there anyone who can write this tradestaion Easy language in CQG formula language ?
Thanks

sumup = 0;
sumdn = 0;

for i = 1 to n begin // n = 14
if close - close > 0 then
sumup = sumup + close - close[1]
else sumdn = sumdn + close[1] - close;
end;

RSI = 100 - (100/(1 + (sumup/sumdn)));

It's ugly but maybe you could create one custom study for sumup, another for sumdn, and a third for RSI. For sumup and sumdn you could "write it out in full" rather than using the loop. Conditions evaluate to 0 or 1 in CQG custom studies and square brackets are used for time offsets, so one term of your "sumup" sum could be

(Close(@) > Close(@)[-1]) * (Close(@) - Close(@)[-1])

or something similar (I don't know Easy language). With cut and paste it won't be too painful. CQG has the least flexible "programming" language and the most frustrating user interface so good luck with this.

fat chance said:
With cut and paste it won't be too painful. CQG has the least flexible "programming" language and the most frustrating user interface so good luck with this.

Be careful if you cut 'n paste in CQG as sometimes it resets your time offset and/or the parameter reference in your formula.